Z7 Magnum speed text?????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z7 Magnum speed text?????????

i have been looking up the magnum , check the speed test and im not really likeing what i have seen ,, so has anyone that has a magnum , done a speed test ?

i have a diamond now and with the gt 7595 quick fleching ex , not sure the grain , my diamond was shooting 280, with the lighter spine gt and blazer vains it would shoot 295 +,,

the speeds i have been seeing on the net are only running 307 +-,, and they are saying its only up 4-5 bls from the Z7 ,, so

*** ,, your paying for more speed smoother draw ex ex but your not getting what you pay for,, when mine come in i will speed test it , and repost but i am really really hopeing its in the 320 mark hell even 315 but anything lower i will be complaining for sure

so if you have checked the speed please post and let me know what you got

thanks

What is the IBO rating of the bow, what is your DL, and how heavy an arrow are you gonna shoot.

Comment

the magnum IBO is 340,, dl is 29", not sure the arrow , its the gold tip 7595, with filt tip and quick fletching dont have a scale to check !

Comment

Your arrow will weigh +/- 395 grains.
        Maxed out, rigged with peep, your Z7 Mag. will shoot app. 307.

Comment

well that sucks ,, thanks , i will be testing it when i get it in ,, any ideas on how to set it up to shoot faster ?

Comment

Originally posted by h2447intx View Post
            well that sucks ,, thanks , i will be testing it when i get it in ,, any ideas on how to set it up to shoot faster ?
            It's already gonna pull a little long,(1/2 inch), so it'll be about 29 1/2 DL.
            But if there's a way to shoot a lighter arrow, you could pick up 10 fps for every 30 grains you can shave from arrow weight.
            It's hard to see a pin gap difference from 295 to 315.

Comment

Just shoot a light arrow. If you shot something like a GT velocity arrow you should be able to clock 320-325.

You will lose 10 fps off IBO for a 29" draw length so your magnum becomes a 330 IBO. Then for every 2.5 grains of arrow over 350 you will lose 1 fps. Give or take a bit. So shooting 50 grains over IBO will knock another 20 fps off the magnum and 310 would be lucky but more than likely closer to 300.

Cat whiskers and monkey tails all nock off some of your fps and if you aren't exactly at 70 lbs you will lose 2fps per pound.

Speed gain gives up forgiveness, accuracy, quiet, vibration free shooting.

You really have to decide if its worth it.

My destroyer 350 shot 340fps through the chrono at 58lbs but that was with a light arrow. Heavy arrows kills your stats.

Your diamond may have an IBO closer to the Magnum than you realize but with Mathews you have to pay for their advertising department...

Comment

well i did order it with 29.5" cams so maybe i can get the speed up , im going to have santa fe archery set it all up swap over my sites and rest ex ,, see what we can get her up to ,,

said it would take 3-4 weeks till it comes in , but i will post when i get it rigged out and shooting , i really wanted the speed but i allso wanted the smooth draw and the lack of vibration ,, my diamond is a nice bow but i really like mathews ,, so i quess i am going to pay for the ADVERTISING .. lol

thanks guys

Comment

mr5? 360 fps.

Why would you buy a bow if your not happy with it? Lot of coin to drop

Comment

I own a magnum , 29 draw NOT 29.5 checked with a draw check arrow @28 7/8 . 68 lbs. with peep and loop, CE Mayhem 350=415.7 gr. 316 fps.

Comment

thanks for the numbers ,, ill be checking mine when i get it set up ,, so you like the magnum ,, i was always in love with the factory z7 and fig i would go with the newer modle any how i am sure i will love it ,, ill post my speeds when i get her rigged !

Comment

I have a Z7 and a Z7extreme but I will be hunting with my Magnum,
                        the magnum shooting Shuttle T-Locks is a deadly combo!

Comment

I have the Magnum. 70lb/28.5. I shot a Beman ICS Elite Hunter (9.5 gpi) and the chrono read 290.

Comment

Originally posted by APEX127 View Post
                            I own a magnum , 29 draw NOT 29.5 checked with a draw check arrow @28 7/8 . 68 lbs. with peep and loop, CE Mayhem 350=415.7 gr. 316 fps.
                            I am so glad that Mathews has finally changed their routine and actually built a bow that produces speeds faster than their rated IBO.
                            340 IBO (30" draw length, 70 lbs, 350 grain arrow for anybody that is unfamiliar with IBO ratings)
                            29 inch draw,-10 fps= 330
                            68 lbs -4 fps= 326
                            65.7 grains -22 fps= 304
                            Faye you do realize you've got a fast one, and if you really do like the Magnum, if it were mine, I'd definately keep it.
                            Especially since instead of the usual 1/2 inch long DL, yours is actually 1/8 inch short.

Comment

thanks for the IBO info , i didnt know how they got that number !

Comment

Working...
                              X