G5 sportsman sharpener

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G5 sportsman sharpener

Anybody used the G5 sportsman broadhead sharpener? Any good or not? If so, any tips?

Love it........I use it for sharpening broadhead blades and also for all my knives (incl. kitchen knives)

Comment

Do you use it by itself, or start on another stone? Alot of passes?

Comment

Anybody else? Need the help

Comment

Its great!!! Works best with cut on contact heads cuz you can drag em backwards.

What head are you sharpening???

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
            Its great!!! Works best with cut on contact heads cuz you can drag em backwards.

What head are you sharpening???
            Moslty Muzzy's, regulars and mx3's. Any advice? Been using a file forever, but have a newborn and lost the time i used to have to sit on the couch in at night and sharpen heads, haha. Just got one, but havent used it

Comment

Originally posted by SouthTexas2544 View Post
              Moslty Muzzy's, regulars and mx3's. Any advice? Been using a file forever, but have a newborn and lost the time i used to have to sit on the couch in at night and sharpen heads, haha. Just got one, but havent used it
              Yes. G5 can be used but the Smiths or Lansky with the exposed teeth is a lot i mean alot easier to use on muzzy's. Same result.

Check the recent thread on equip n tune that says how do i sharpen broadheads.

Comment

Also, with heads that have removeable blades, such as Slick Tricks, you can disassemble the head and work on the blades individually if its easier to handle.

I have tried lots of different sharpening tools over the years, and the Sportsman is by far my favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                  Yes. G5 can be used but the Smiths or Lansky with the exposed teeth is a lot i mean alot easier to use on muzzy's. Same result.

Check the recent thread on equip n tune that says how do i sharpen broadheads.
                  Dont listen to Ragin.... He dont even sharpen Broadheads!!!!!

HA! I couldnt help myself!

Comment

Works great on broadheads and knives. No advice needed, just pull it across.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
                      Dont listen to Ragin.... He dont even sharpen Broadheads!!!!!

HA! I couldnt help myself!
                      Lmao!

Comment

Working...
                      X