• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lazy E. A+!

Originally posted by dhall View Post
    PM sent

Used this recommendation.

Guy did a heckuva job. Even after a limb slung through his windshield! Had to go get another machine but still nocked it out at agreed price.

I was amazed at what these mulcher guys (or this guy anyways) can do.

Place don't even look the same. And no brush piles that are 1/2 full of dirt to burn. No piles, period!

Thanks for the info.

Comment

What was the best solution?

Comment

My neighbor in Cisco has a D6. Just paid him $75/hr plus a generous tip for reworking a couple of roads.

Comment

Just paid $85/hr for land clearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wonder if those guys from Cisco or Lampasas area travel ?

Now that mines all done, I do have a complaint.

When I went to mow, there are still tons of wood shrapnel that didnt get "mulched", that are even too big for a brush hog to mow over. I've been picking up pieces by hand and am now trying a rake on the tractor, with little success.

Kinda a tedious pain in the hind end......

Comment

Originally posted by 12ring View Post

When I went to mow, there are still tons of wood shrapnel that didnt get "mulched", that are even too big for a brush hog to mow over. I've been picking up pieces by hand and am now trying a rake on the tractor, with little success.

I had the same results with the utility crew that cleaned the highline right of way. After 3-4 mowings it was good.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                I had the same results with the utility crew that cleaned the highline right of way. After 3-4 mowings it was good.
                Same here we have had a place mulched with a big machine. It was good for what we wanted since we just wanted driving trails on one of our hunting spots.

But if you are planning on doing something with the place planting, need grass to grow etc. Then no way would i have it mulched. Mulching is the "THING" right now but it still leaves a mess. Now if its thin briars and brush then its ok.

But if its thick get a dozer or trackhoe to come clean it out pile it and be done.

Comment

If you need brush cleared especially small thick scrub brush I’d go with the mulcher over dozer no big piles left and if most of it is small there won’t be many big chunk a left. The worst of mine was from oaks and cedar they took out.

Comment

Mulching can be done nice. Just depends on how many back drags. More back drags done, finer the mulch. Also what puts the most wear on the head and teeth. So you're adding wear and time, which should add cost.

Dozier/track hoe and chipper will give best finish product with no labor to client. But will typically cost most too.

Comment

Originally posted by 12ring View Post

Yea we had the same results from mulching....never again unless it is small underbrush. We had our entire perimeter mulched and it was more of a pain that it was worth. Wish we would have used a dozer.

Comment

Trackhoe and a dozer is the best to use pile it up and burn it. What don’t burn dig a hole bury it. We built a pad for a man that had his front and back yard mulched man it looked like ****. It would take 5 yrs for that stuff to rot away!

Comment

Dozer might been better. But...... I wouldn't have a way to dig a hole to bury the dirt/unburned pile(s) after the dozer left......

Comment

Working...
                          X