No announcement yet.

Top water bass bite?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m looking for it to start firing up early next week. We’re approaching 70’s water temps, a string of 80 degree days and a big moon phase. Shad spawn should be on. That and the cloudy forecast has me optimistic. I picked up 4 on a buzz bait Friday evening but the couple cool nights seems to have killed it temporarily.

Comment

i was fishing a stock tank in crockett a month ago and 5 out of 6 cast i hooked up on a whopper flopper smallest was about 4 up to 6-1/2 👍🏻

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
        So have the Fish spawned yet? At 25 to 50 feet I’m guessing they haven’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Man, the walleye spawn went pretty much like usual, but I’d imagine the bass/crappie will be getting shallow this week. Cold weather has us a little behind. Im not an expert or even a big lake fisherman, but I bet our spawn has been a little spaced out this year.

Comment

Originally posted by mudkat View Post
          whopper flopper
          Never heard of it lol. But they’re on sale at academy for $10. Guaranteed to catch every piece of grass in the lake

Comment

Snake bite is on right now. Some of the most vicious hits you will ever have.

Click image for larger version

Name:	manns.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	24538334

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post

[ATTACH]905770[/ATTACH]

I bought some of these and I’m gonna try them in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                I bought some of these and I’m gonna try them in the morning.

When you rig them, don't hook them through the center of the nose.Run the hook just under the nose then rig it texas Style. They will float better and have better action.

Comment

[ATTACH]905770[/ATTACH]
                  Nice. Years ago I used the Doug Hannon snake in the green and black. Agreed, hits were vicious. Another good one was was the Bill Dance grass frog. Now, they have full isles at Academy dedicated to frogs, etc.

Comment

[ATTACH]905770[/ATTACH]
                    Never heard of this. I’m behind times. Academy carry these?

Comment

Fished at our pond over the weekend. Did a lap with a top water and caught 1 fish. Did the same lap with a crankbait and caught 6.

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                        Never heard of this. I’m behind times. Academy carry these?
                        I doubt it. They are pretty old school. Tackle Warehouse has them and the best price.

Comment

Mann's floating snake will definitely be in my arsenal for later this spring and into summer months. Topwater is my all time favorite way of fishing, especially at night.

Comment

I was cleaning about a 3/4 pound bass one evening after dark, only had the camp flood light to see. But that sucker open and this big wad fell out of its belly. Poked at it with my filet knife and realized it was sorta rope like. Unraveled that sucker and realized it was about a 4-6” rattlesnake in that fish’s belly

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                              I was cleaning about a 3/4 pound bass one evening after dark, only had the camp flood light to see. But that sucker open and this big wad fell out of its belly. Poked at it with my filet knife and realized it was sorta rope like. Unraveled that sucker and realized it was about a 4-6” rattlesnake in that fish’s belly
                              Yep I had the same happen but not a rattlesnake.

Comment

My son and I had a good day last Sat from 7-10. Caught 15 or so with 2 over 6, and 4 more between 4-5lbs, only 2 under 2lbs. Nice solid morning.

Every fish caught on a yellow magic.

Comment

Working...
                                X