Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	25C45B5C-A467-4D5E-A968-DCA32A988762.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	24621005Quick 30 minute limit in the surf this morning before work

Comment

Originally posted by bollomb View Post
      [ATTACH]1007565[/ATTACH]Quick 30 minute limit in the surf this morning before work

You puttin' shrimp on that little trebble? Free lining or a cork?

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        You puttin' shrimp on that little trebble? Free lining or a cork?
        Chatter Weight up top, either shrimp or croaks on 12-18” leader below it

Comment

Not salty but a few guys here have fished with my son. The kid is about as hard core angler as anyone. He finally caught a fly rod fish on a fly rod today. Had to brag on him

White river Arkansas

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Great for him Shane!

Congrats bollomb!

Comment

Very cool, Shane!

Comment

Hit Galveston bay yesterday with a buddy. We pulled into a shoreline about 15 mins before daylight and bait was everywhere in the light bar as we idled in. Wasn’t much wind so we both jumped out and went different directions. Flounder were up tight to the bank and I was able to string 4 pretty quickly. There were some slicks and bait out deep but I couldn’t quite reach them when I waded our to shoulder deep and slung it as far as I could and was only able to string one trout. Headed back towards the bank to work on my last flattie and the dolphins showed up and pushed the trout in shallow and I picked up two nice keepers and probably 20 undersized. Once that dies down I fished back towards the boat and string my last flounder. Jumped on the bot and went to pick up my buddy and he had a limit of trout and 3 flounder. We each jumped back out and I was able to finish my trout and he finished his flounder. Pretty awesome morning in galvez. Only pic I took was my stringer after the first wade. I need to get better at taking pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                  Not salty but a few guys here have fished with my son. The kid is about as hard core angler as anyone. He finally caught a fly rod fish on a fly rod today. Had to brag on him

White river Arkansas

Congrats!

Uncle Saggy and I are chasing the newly added Golden trout, Rainbows and Brown Trout on the White soon.

Had a darn good trip last summer up there. Rent a Choctaw River boat and run the river ourselves. Scary just to think Uncle Saggy and I are responsible enough to run the river in someone else's boat

Comment

The simplest of flies......near Bull Shoals dam

Comment

Thanks fellas

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                      Congrats!

Uncle Saggy and I are chasing the newly added Golden trout, Rainbows and Brown Trout on the White soon.

Had a darn good trip last summer up there. Rent a Choctaw River boat and run the river ourselves. Scary just to think Uncle Saggy and I are responsible enough to run the river in someone else's boat
                      Hes with my parents just down the river from where we stayed last year. They did well drifting on spin tackle yesterday. Beautiful country up there!!

Comment

Thanks fellas

Hes with my parents just down the river from where we stayed last year. They did well drifting on spin tackle yesterday. Beautiful country up there!!

AWESOME PLACE! We even roll over and check out RANGER BOATS plant just cuz the drive anywhere up there is flat out spectacular.

The next generation - they have it cake with today's river boat setups

Last edited by AtTheWall; 06-17-2020, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chase15 View Post
                          Hit Galveston bay yesterday with a buddy. We pulled into a shoreline about 15 mins before daylight and bait was everywhere in the light bar as we idled in. Wasn’t much wind so we both jumped out and went different directions. Flounder were up tight to the bank and I was able to string 4 pretty quickly. There were some slicks and bait out deep but I couldn’t quite reach them when I waded our to shoulder deep and slung it as far as I could and was only able to string one trout. Headed back towards the bank to work on my last flattie and the dolphins showed up and pushed the trout in shallow and I picked up two nice keepers and probably 20 undersized. Once that dies down I fished back towards the boat and string my last flounder. Jumped on the bot and went to pick up my buddy and he had a limit of trout and 3 flounder. We each jumped back out and I was able to finish my trout and he finished his flounder. Pretty awesome morning in galvez. Only pic I took was my stringer after the first wade. I need to get better at taking pics.

Love to see them Flounder!

Comment

White river Arkansas

That is awesome. Fly fishing is fun and mostly done in beautiful places.

I will say that cork sucking is frowned upon in fly fishing circles.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                              The simplest of flies......near Bull Shoals dam

Love that area. We grew up fishing Taneycomo down to Bull Shoals dam and its great fishing and beautiful country.

Comment

Third time is the charm. Finally got my rod in unbroken.

Looking forward to hitting the salt with dad this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X