Brushy Hills?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brushy Hills?

Anybody hunted Brushy Hills Ranch? I have a trip planned for the week after Christmas. They look like they have had some good ones taken off there the last few years. Any thoughts?

PM Sent.

Comment

I went down to Brushy hill with my Dad and a buddy last year. For the money, man I thought it was awesome!!! As a matter of fact I'm going down there again this year for a full five days.
      The cabin was simple but clean with showers to wash before every hunt and full cooking facilities. I will tell you this though, it is a challenging hunt. If you are the sit on your a## and think a buck will just fall in your lap kind of guy, then this is not the place for you. We hunted hard last year and killed 1 really nice 8 point between the 3 of us. We all saw shooter bucks though. The place is huge and takes a while to get to know. The thing I liked about it was that it was like our own ranch. You have full range of the ranch. Your success depends on your hunting skills as you have to place your own stands.
      Rusty, the ranch hand, will point you in the right direction, but then the choice is yours. Rusty said he had seen a huge 8 point right by camp and sure enough my buddy sat there and killed that deer. There will be 4 of us this year and now that we know the place a little better then we will have a better chance.
      My suggestions is that if your looking for a short 2 day trip this may not be the place for you. You will still have a great time but by the time you get familar with the place you will have to leave ,and then like me and my crew, you will be dreaming about the big bucks you saw and how next year you will change your approach. But if you live near by and all you have is 2 or so days give it a try, you just might luck into one of the 130-150 class deer I saw last year. I highly suggest this hunt if your like me and do not like canned hunts. This hunt will make the rewards well worth the effort. Note to your self we went the same week your going this year last year. Bucks rutting every where!!! Rattled in 4 different bucks 1 morning!!! Now That's the t$ts!!!! Good luck!!!

Comment

There was a 135 killed opening weekend in wavertree pasture.

Comment

Theres no way!!!

Cactus, Why lie man!!! That isnt cool! This site may be for exaggerations and fun but to stright up lie about a working mans business that gives folks like me and you a place to hunt is wrong. If you want to lie about your own experiences go ahead, but don't make stuff up that could influence someones opinion about some one else. If it wasn't for people like Pete and Ava there would be no way for most people to have the pleasure to hunt 13,000 acres of beautiful south Texas land.

Comment

I am such a dummy Cactus!!!!! Please forgive me I read it all wrong man. I thought you said 135 deer killed as in the # of deer. Whoops! Your right about the 135. Nice buck! Also a really nice deer was arrowed but was never found. Rumor has it it was a 150 class deer!!!

Comment

Dang take it easy, I am a big Brushy Hill Supporter.

Comment

where is this place and what is the price to hunt

Comment

Kactus I will be at Brushy Hill from Oct 26-31st. Will you be there this year? if so when?
                  Muzzy the place is in Sabinal Tx. Awesome place, especially for the price!

Comment

We usually hit it the second or third week in December.

Comment

Have a buddy that went there last season and harvested a nice 8 point. He seemed to really like the place.

Comment

going the second week of november and cannot wait. my best friend father and I are going for the whole week

Comment

Just got back from there this past weekend, overall experience was great. We did not kill anything other than a 5.5ft rattler but it was fun and will be going back in December, very well worth the money.

Comment

I went last year, Pete is a great guy and so is the guide Rusty. Its a tough hunt, but man there is some great deer. Do your self a favor and bring mouse traps. Stayed in hog heaven and mice kept me up all night crawling on me. Also dont forget to keep your bow in its case the mice love those strings.

Comment

Working...
                            X