No announcement yet.

2018 TPWD Draw Hunts - let the fun begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well was up for 10 more hunts today and got the pending second draw in all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
      Well Crap, we got drawn for kickapoo cavern GDE.........BUT its the same hunt date as our chap archery hunt. Sucks...if you are pending second draw there will be at least one group of permits available.
      Was really hoping for matador or devils river DAH
      I think you should go to Kickapoo, I've heard they have monster bucks there.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
        are they not sending out postcards any more for the non-draws ?
        Only email notification if your drawn now. That's the only notification. I'm aware of

No luck for me this year. Struck out of management, either sex, and refuge today.

Just mule deer left and not expecting much only have 7 points there but could get lucky

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
          And no go on National Refuge hunt at Balcones Canyonland.
          On my wish list!

Still waiting on USFS anterless permit draw other than that.....2nd drawing pending on this one

Comment

best we have done so far is pending 2nd draw at buffalo lake nwr for youth gun deer.

Comment

Originally posted by bsills View Post
              So are all applicants in the 2nd draw if not selected off the bat? Or is the 2nd draw better odds than that? Thanks
              2nd draw are for any permits that aren't not paid for from those that drew today.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                are they not sending out postcards any more for the non-draws ?
                LOL, no they haven't done that for 5 years... I'm sure that saves some money

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
                  Well was up for 10 more hunts today and got the pending second draw in all of them.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMINREELS View Post
                    Only email notification if your drawn now. That's the only notification. I'm aware of

No luck for me this year. Struck out of management, either sex, and refuge today.

Just mule deer left and not expecting much only have 7 points there but could get lucky
                    Most points anyone has for mule deer is 12 so your not that bad off.

Comment

0 for 2 today, both pending 2n draw for GDE Inks Lake and National Refuge General Deer at Balcones

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMINREELS View Post

I drew Yoakum Dunes with 8 points so you never know.

Comment

Pending 2nd on everything today for us...

Comment

Drew Guadalupe SP muzzleloader, but I dont even own a muzzleloader. Did not see that it was that type of hunt. If I dont purchase the permit will I lose all my points for gun either sex?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
                              I drew Yoakum Dunes with 8 points so you never know.

How was the hunt at Yoakum Dunes? See many deer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiechick View Post
                                Drew Guadalupe SP muzzleloader, but I dont even own a muzzleloader. Did not see that it was that type of hunt. If I dont purchase the permit will I lose all my points for gun either sex?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                                Might as well go on the hunt you lose your points either way. We have almost 20 years of points for GDE and have never drawn, could be awhile before you draw again.
                                Last edited by bossbowman; 09-17-2018, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X