Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoubleGProstaff View Post
    I have the duck and buck bottles
    The one's I have are the clear one with no etching, buck, bass, duck, and horny toad.

Comment

picked this us today, will let y'all know how it is tomorrow

Comment

Yes, do let us know!!

Comment

I am usually a scotch drinker, but this thread has given me a reason to try a few of these bourbons out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	24387315
          Last edited by Rubi513; 06-20-2015, 12:38 PM.

Comment

[ATTACH]721595[/ATTACH]
            Last edited by Rubi513; 06-20-2015, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Crown Reserve

Comment

Originally posted by treestand View Post
                Silver Star is the best Texas sipping whiskey I've ever had. The same brewery makes 1835 for Spec' s but their own label is far superior.
                .... silver star inst bourbon... Honey Liquor if I remember corectly. It is SYRUPY SWEET.

Look at the alcohol content its way lower. They add a TON of sugar and stuff too

Birddog blackberry isnt bad but its in the same category... Its syrup

Firestone and Roberts is my main choice (TX)

I have been on a scotch kick though...

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                  [ATTACH]721595[/ATTACH]
                  Be sure to leave reviews!

Comment

Originally posted by txjustin View Post
                    Be sure to leave reviews!
                    Well for all you sure enough bourbon drinkers take this with a grain of salt. Like I said I usually drink scotch.

Out of the three I would I have to put them in this order:
                    Angels envy
                    Basil Hayden's
                    Yellow rose outlaw

It really surprised me because the yellow rose was the most expensive.
                    Don't get me wrong it's very good, but when comparing to the other two at the same time there is no doubt it's not as smooth IMO.

To be honest the Basil Hayden's and Angels envy were so close I am not sure I can actually say which is the smoothest.

Thanks for all your opinions because they are all very good!

Comment

1792 going down smooth after grilling between rain cells.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                        Well for all you sure enough bourbon drinkers take this with a grain of salt. Like I said I usually drink scotch.

Out of the three I would I have to put them in this order:
                        Angels envy
                        Basil Hayden's
                        Yellow rose outlaw

It really surprised me because the yellow rose was the most expensive.
                        Don't get me wrong it's very good, but when comparing to the other two at the same time there is no doubt it's not as smooth IMO.

To be honest the Basil Hayden's and Angels envy were so close I am not sure I can actually say which is the smoothest.

Thanks for all your opinions because they are all very good!
                        Thanks for the reviews. You sold me on the Angels for sure.

Comment

I'm stuck on Garrison Bros. and Woodford Reserve right now.

Comment

Alright so I cracked open the Swift friday and last night and its good stuff!

Its much lighter than what I'm used to drinking since it is finished in Sherry casks but it is a really good sipping whiskey. Lots of honey and vanilla and a little citrus to it. Will definitely be getting it again, its a great sub $50 bottle

Comment

My mother in law got me angels envy for my bday today. It's some good stuff . The port barrels infuse some good smell and taste. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435272219.901526.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	24387926

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleGProstaff View Post
                                My mother in law got me angels envy for my bday today. It's some good stuff . The port barrels infuse some good smell and taste. [ATTACH]722568[/ATTACH]
                                Sipping on a some right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X