18 Days to Opener

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

18 Days to Opener

Our season down in NC opens Sept. 10. I missed most of last season so I'm really looking forward to this season. My brother, who lives on the property has been seeing some decent bucks. We've got the stands set up and ready.

I'm moving down in draw weight this year. I'll be shooting my 58" Brush Wolf, 45@28. I'm shooting 55/75 Gold Tip Trads cut to 30.25" with Werewolf 200gr single bevel broadheads for a total arrow weight of 525 gr.. I've killed three pigs with this broadhead out of my 52@28 Brush Wolf. I think the 45lb set-up will work for whitetails.

Been practicing out of my tripod. This morning I decided to do some walkback shooting. This group is 9 arrows, first shot at 10 yards and subsequent shots 2 paces farther back than the previous shot. I measured it out and the 9th shot was at 28 yards.
    Attached Files

Very nice shooting brother

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Good shooting Phillip. Good luck this year and send pics when you get one. We still have over a month to go down here!

Comment

Looks like you have it going on sir!

Will the deer still be in velvet for opener or rubbed out by then?

Comment

They're usually rubbed out.

Comment

Nice shooting Phillip! Look forward to following along this year.

Comment

Good shooting

Comment

I'd say you're ready for season, going to get my new to me bow tuned tomorrow and start shooting.

I know it's not the same for us wheel bow shooters but this is the latest I've started to shoot with most years shooting at least every 2-3 weeks throughout the year. I backed off as my shoulder has been hurting by the end of season in the last couple of years.

Comment

Good luck Phillip! Look forward to hearing about your success. Oh, and nice shooting, as usual.
                  Last edited by Hunter Todd; 08-23-2016, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Looks like you are ready Phillip! I am envious of you guys that get to start so early!

Good luck!

Bisch

Comment

Good luck Phillip! Looks like your stackin em in there! Good luck to ya brother, keep us posted on the huntin. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Only 2 weeks to go so I decided I better try my broadheads. This 3 shot group was shot from 17yds this morning. Top arrow is unfletched field point. Center arrow is fletched broadhead, bottom arrow is fletched field point. I shot several groups and this is pretty typical of what I was shooting.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Looking good Phillip!

Good luck!

Bisch

Comment

Phillip it looks like your shooting is off if you need some help hunting let me know I help you out . No problem lol.
                            Good shooting !

Comment

Thanks Bud, I can use all the help I can get.

Comment

Working...
                              X