Anybody use the Vortex Rangefinder??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody use the Vortex Rangefinder??

Im in the market for a new rangefinder and really want to go with the vortex sense I have two pair of their binos and love them. I've been researching a lot and really want too go with the vortex. I need y'all's opinion on this rangefinder. Anybody use one a lot for bowhunting ranges? Most if the reviews are rifle guys.

??? Need some input????

Comment

I know somebody's got to be using this rangefinder. Input needed.

Comment

???

Comment

Lol, I've read all the reviews online as well, get in contact with Arrowsmith on here, he's a Vortex dealer and can get one cheaper than any store you can find it in. For bowhunting ranges, looks like it's awesome. Everyone says its a throw the batteries in and start ranging kind of rangefinder. Red LED is better than black in low light and has adjustable brightness settings. It also has angle compensation and also has the VIP warranty, if ANYTHING goes wrong with it, they'll make it right: http://www.vortexoptics.com/content/vip_warranty, find another rangefinder, at that price, with that kind of warranty.

The glass on it is really nice too.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel75 View Post
            Lol, I've read all the reviews online as well, get in contact with Arrowsmith on here, he's a Vortex dealer and can get one cheaper than any store you can find it in. For bowhunting ranges, looks like it's awesome. Everyone says its a throw the batteries in and start ranging kind of rangefinder. Red LED is better than black in low light and has adjustable brightness settings. It also has angle compensation and also has the VIP warranty, if ANYTHING goes wrong with it, they'll make it right: http://www.vortexoptics.com/content/vip_warranty, find another rangefinder, at that price, with that kind of warranty.

The glass on it is really nice too.
            I have a pair of the viper hd 10x42s and the viper 10x28s both are awesome. Your right about there warranty!! It's a no brainier. I've just heard mixed things on the rangefinder. Some people have had problems with it at archery distances like a 36 yards target one time then a second range and it will show 39. Just wondering if they got this stuff fixed.

Comment

X2 on contacting Arrowsmith. I'm fixing to pull the trigger on the rangefinder and binos and will be getting them from Arrowsmith.

Comment

Originally posted by rascal71 View Post
                X2 on contacting Arrowsmith. I'm fixing to pull the trigger on the rangefinder and binos and will be getting them from Arrowsmith.
                Yeah he already beat everybody's deal and it's shipped to my door.

Comment

I was really looking for some people that have really put one to use for a season or more. How constant are they??

Comment

I haven't found any long term review of it either, but with the angle compensation, the warranty, and your experience with the binos I wouldn't sweat buying one. Like Daniel75, I've watched and read every review I can find on the Vortex. For the reasons above, plus the cost from Arrowsmith, it's a done deal for me.

Comment

Originally posted by rascal71 View Post
                      I haven't found any long term review of it either, but with the angle compensation, the warranty, and your experience with the binos I wouldn't sweat buying one. Like Daniel75, I've watched and read every review I can find on the Vortex. For the reasons above, plus the cost from Arrowsmith, it's a done deal for me.
                      Yeah your right. I'm gonna give one a shot.

Comment

I read a few reviews of people getting the wrong readings, sending it back and receiving a brand new one that worked. What more can you ask for in a warranty. There are lemons in every brand.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel75 View Post
                          I read a few reviews of people getting the wrong readings, sending it back and receiving a brand new one that worked. What more can you ask for in a warranty. There are lemons in every brand.
                          That's very true. With that warranty I'd really be stupid to buy anything else. It's the only one that's got all the features I'm looking for. At least between the vortex and the Leica. But hell the vortex has the better warranty between the the two.

Comment

I'm no expert but I've read the Leica is better, has better glass and can range farther but if we're talking bowhunting distances and MY maximum rifle range, say 300-350 yards, you can't beat the Vortex.

Comment

I've got one and its the best one I've ever had.

Comment

Working...
                              X