chicken fried backstrap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chicken fried backstrap?

My neighbor gave me some backstrap and I'm wondering how ya'll prepare it.

My thoughts are to pound the mess out of it with a tender icing mallet and then soaking it in buttermilk overnight, then coating in flour and pan fry in hot oil.

Am I on the right track? I'm sure I'll throw some cracked pepper in along the way..

Hell yeah!!!

Comment

Stupid galaxy phone. Ya'll get the point.

Comment

Yes. I did medallions last night and that was good to. Just salt and pepper with some olive oil and sear to medium rare.

Comment

I do 50/50 bread crumbs and flour with some seasoning salt. I prefer to serve it with ketchup over gravy. Let us know how it turns out.

Comment

If it is still whole I would butterfly it with each side about 1 1/2" thick. Season with season salt and lemon pepper then add some EVOO and let rest overnight. Wrap in bacon and cook on high heat for 2 minutes per side. Let rest for 5 minutes and eat.

I just cooked some for lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Tex View Post
              If it is still whole I would butterfly it with each side about 1 1/2" thick. Season with season salt and lemon pepper then add some EVOO and let rest overnight. Wrap in bacon and cook on high heat for 2 minutes per side. Let rest for 5 minutes and eat.

I just cooked some for lunch.
              is that after cooking, it looks a little done for me.

Comment

I don't think you can go wrong whichever way you choose, but I like your original idea. Be sure and salt your flour.

Comment

This is a great way to prepare backstrap I like to throw in a few slices of onion with meat while it is frying the fried onion compliments the back strap and sets up a good base for making cream gravy to go with it yum yum Im getting hungry

Comment

Tenderize, salt, pepper, soak in buttermilk. Flour, egg, flour, fry, top with white gravy and more pepper.

Comment

Tex hit the nail on the head.

Comment

Before the flour application soak the meat in buttermilk.

You can thank me later.

Comment

I think ya"ll are trying to torture me while I am up this tree trying to get some backstrap. Now quit it!

Comment

It should be a crime to cook it any other way than chicken frying...

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Smith View Post
                              is that after cooking, it looks a little done for me.

Honestly for mine I cooked about 90 seconds on each side and then rolled it on end to cook the bacon.
                              I used to fry all my backstrap but this is about the best steak you'll ever eat.

Comment

Working...
                              X