Return trip to Extreme Bowhunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Return trip to Extreme Bowhunting

I am getting my deposit in the mail for a return trip to Extreme Bowhunting. I am planning a 4 day hunt in Dec (I know it is still a ways away) I am booking for Whitetail and exotics. I think we are gonna have a pretty good group of guys from Washington State on this hunt. I can not wait to return to the great state of Texas! I have enjoyed every moment I have spent there. Really looking forward to showing my friends a little of what Texas has to offer. Pretty pumped

Good luck bud.

Comment

We are looking at December again for us as well and maybe one time in between here and then.

Comment

How's that place? I've been looking into their website, more then likely i'll also book a exotic and ram hunt ,for my boy and me.. !!!

Comment

ace340cs, I don't think you can go wrong. I can not figure out how to post pics (I am a little more "low tech" then most). The ranch was comfortable and the guides (Caleb and "Boots" ) were top notch. We managed a blackbuck (not a monster, but I was VERY HAPPY) 14" very black. We seen several others that were larger. My hunting partner took a very nice Texas Dall (33") and we both took does 1 axis 1 blackbuck. Add to that the fact that we both had a clean miss and seen some amazing animals, you will have a great time. By and large I think they try to keep it to one group at a time, and I like that too. I was very lucky and was able to make 3 trips to Texas from Washington State and hunted 4 awesome ranches. I do not have a bad thing to say about any of them, but when it came down to booking a return trip, knowing I could only go once this year, Extreme got my deposit. I could not find anyone that offered "more bang for the buck".

Good luck where ever you go. Time spent hunting with your family is well spent anywhere.

Comment

Awesome deal!! Thanks for the info.. Caleb texted me yesterday about available dates...

Comment

A friend and myself have been twice since January. We did the exotic package both times and both trips had chances. I missed a nice chocolate fallow the first trip and had chances at other exotics and ended up with a nice ram. My friend ended up shooting a 96yr old spotted fallow the first trip (not really 96 but very old). The second trip I passed on a very nice aoudad the first evening and ended up with another ram the last morning. My friend on the other hand was covered in every kind of exotic out there all weekend and shot a monster aoudad the last morning. We have already put down a deposit for another hunt. Caleb is a good guy and has an amazing dog, Champagne. I will post pics of the aoudad in just a sec.

Comment

[ATTACH]608821[/ATTACH]
                [ATTACH]608822[/ATTACH]

Comment

^^^^^^^

That is a stud aoudad, and there are more out there. I haven't been since it changed owners but if the new guys are doing half the job Jim did, then it is still going to be a great place with lots of animals.

Comment

wow!!! nice Aoudad,,,

Comment

He is not lying, Champagne is an amazing dog! The fact is if I lived in Texas and didn't have to fly down for each hunt I would have already made at least 1 and maybe 2 return trips.

Comment

Gat dang it that is a huge freaking aoudad

Comment

Awesome aoudad! Congrats!

Comment

Holy crap that's a big aoudad!!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=the lab;8410042]The ranch was comfortable and the guides (Caleb and "Boots" ) were top notch. [QUOTE]

Cant agree with this more! BUT first thing that Caleb told us when we got there was that he was NOT a guide and dont refer to him as a guide. So the rest of the weekend, it was just like hunting a buddies place. Top notch! Will be returning soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X