Bass fishing in cold weather?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bass fishing in cold weather?

I will be at bachelor party this weekend at a lodge in Bastrop. They have a large pond on it. What is the best lure to use to catch bass in this weather?

I prefer stanley jigs fished slow on the bottom in the cooool weather.

Comment

Cold Weather = Deep diving crank baits. I love the DT-10's in shad pattern. I usually catch more and bigger bass during the winter than I do during warmer months. Throw em out and give it a couple of hard cranks with the rod tip down to get the bait down deep then I usually reel 3-5 cranks and stop and do it again. You will find them!

Comment

the deeper you fish the better the success. this weekend i went out with some deep crank baits did good at about 15ft. i also used texas rig, crawfish plastic.

Comment

In a pond try Norman Deep Little N (crawfish color) , or small worms.

Comment

Water temp is the key. Fish may not be as deep as you think. I would think in terms of 8-12 feet and work my way up, depending on weather conditions. Jig or a slug-o type bait might get your line broke.

Comment

Shaky heads and fish slow. Sometimes just dead sticking the shaky head will produce a lot of bites. At least that is a good tactic for Lake Travis
              Jeff Young

Comment

Red shad culprit worm...rigged texas style...fished slow!

Comment

jigs and just let it sit on the bottom and barely move it.

Comment

The best bass fishing trip of my life was in late February years ago. I was on Lake Rayburn with two friends and we kept 90 bass (a limit each day) and the average was something like 2.5-3 pounds.

We fished a creek in deeper water using medium to small white spinners. We had icicles hanging on our rods every morning it was so cold. Great trip though. Fish 'em deeper and slower.

Comment

start with an auger so you have a hole to fish in, lol, I would throw a square lip crankbait and probably a finess jig.

Comment

Just a black n blue jig....on pionts with timber or timber in the middle of a creek....tight to cover....fish slow...jmo...

Comment

Bounce one of these slowly on the bottom.
                          Attached Files

Comment

red stick....aka dynamite...

Comment

Slow reelin rattle traps

Comment

Working...
                              X