Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brad Whitaker Throckmorton Land Owner/Leaser....Anyone dealt with or heard of him

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrowhead, I have met Gus, and he comes off as a little "different". My F-I-L owns a small tract in Elbert so we see Gus occasionally when we are around. I have heard another hunter that didn't speak too highly of him.He has big buck on his walls. I am guessing that he takes the best spots and crowds the other hunters in? Just curious.

Comment

I've known Brad and his family and his wife and her family for many years. They are good folks and I wouldn't hesitate doing business with him.

Comment

[QUOTE=innergel;1147628]Paging Corky. Come in Corky. Maybe he knows this guy.

X2 Corky Reddin probably knows him. Haven't seen Corky on here in a while though.

Comment

Never heard of him. and I hunt at the 209 woodson split 740 acres. I think the surounding property is owned by people with the last name Brown?

Comment

I know Brad Whitaker. He leases alot of land for dove hunitng.

Most of his land is south of Throckmorotn with some near Elbert, and some over in Knox. Send me a pm and I will tell you whaat I know.

Comment

Shea Guinn is the Warden, I grew up with him and his brother Brad (also a warden) He'll be able to help you out on the needed info.

Tell Shea "DeLoach said hello" if you should talk to him.

Comment

Originally posted by ArrowHead View Post
                I hope you are NOT hunting with Gus Young in Elbert.
                Nope. Not Gus. I think the guy we lease from would prefer to remain anonymous

Comment

Arrowhead what is the deal with Gus as I am going to be checking out his lease in a couple of weeks? Thanks.

Comment

i hunt on the lease that gus runs and have not had any problems with him at all. He just has rules that you have to go by but never had any problems with him. he put me in a good place and shot a nice buck this year. My friends have been out there with him for 6 years and no problems. He shoots many big big bucks out there in throckmorton

Comment

Working...
                    X