Today is an anniversary for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today is an anniversary for me

Saturday we finished up a six day maintenance shutdown so I took today and Tuesday off. As I was lacing up my hunting boots at 5:15 this morning it dawned on me that today makes 31 years of employment at the same place. Just a few more years and I get to hunt every day of deer season! Woohoo!

Nice!! Rare these days

Comment

WOW!! 31 years is a long time. Congrats to you.

Comment

Congrats sir.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Awesome for you. Last Jan 9 I had 36 years at a chemical plant and retired in February and after an adjustment I've gotten use to come and go as I please. Hunting when the conditions are right and not just when I'm off work is the best thing. Hang in there a few more years and max your savings out if you haven't already.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congratulations! Dying breed there to stay that long with one company.

Comment

I know the feeling so well. Spent 35 yrs. at the same job. God blessed me well! Bought the farm ( no pun), paid for the house, raised 3 children, got them through college and on their own, and stuck back a nest egg. Enjoying life to the fullest now!

Comment

Congrats Russ ! Long time at one place. Sorta work anniversary for me too. 14 yrs ago today the announcement was made to shut down the Lufkin papermill. Was a sad day and Christmas for a lot of us.

Comment

My former boss here used to work in purchasing at the old paper mill. Lufkin has been hit hard over the last 10-15 years- all the good paying industries have shut down.

Comment

Wow congrats on that accomplishment.

Comment

Awesome. You don’t hear about this these days. My father in law did 36 years in education from teaching to pricincpal. He s going on 22 years as an elected official at the county. I will be lucky to work 30 lol

Comment

I did almost 38 years for a maintenance company, at the same site. Retired in 2015.

Comment

Working...
                              X