Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2014-2015 Lake Aquila and Whitney hunting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys I will let you know when I'm headed back down.

Comment

Been lurking for a while and thought I should post. Grew up fishing lakes W&A and always wanted to hunt them but never knew it was possible until last year (thanks to this forum). Hunted last year for the first time and really enjoyed the challenge. I grew up hunting leases in the hill country and this is a totally different game....to all of you who post regularly thanks for the tips, they are more helpful than you know. If you see a Black and Tan Ranger out there weather I'm fishing or hunting feel free to stop and say hello.

Comment

As some of you guys that been on here awhile, remember for a few seasons I put on a little competition with a buck contest for the Corp hunters on Whitney and Aquilla. I took the last 2 years off cause everyone wanted to do it but when it came down to the 20$ to pay in, everyone backed out. So if you would like to do a Big Buck contest, reply to this and if there is a big enough number of people, we can probably make that happen.

Comment

I know of some trophy spikes around. Haha. Hopefully a deer I saw last year made it. He should he bigger this year but I don't think he would take the cake in a contest

Comment

I did the contest for 3 years I think and the only thing ever turned in was a few doe, since we had a heaviest doe pot too. If we decide to do it this year, it'll just be buck contest with antler measurements.

Comment

Just letting you guys know my wife has a lead foot she made it to Pensacola now she is 8 hours away from me.

Comment

Storm, be a long night.

Comment

Originally posted by razorback01 View Post
                  storm, be a long night.
                  lol

Comment

T.o....I'm all...if u make it a no crossbow entry..lol..i guess either way Ill play...even if i don't like crossbows..
                    Sorry justin..lol..

Comment

Hey now. Isn't anything wrong with a xbow. I still won't shoot at a deer over 30 yards away. Go find me a bow with a draw length that will fit me for 200 or under.. haha I'm a poor man working to feed his family.

Comment

Lol..come on now u spent more than 200 on that xbow..lol..keep it ethical and I have no problem...ill even take your pic..for the green screen..

Comment

Yeah 250.00. Bought the thing with academy gift cards.

Comment

New permit is generated. Now to wait until Dove week.

Comment

Got mine.

Comment

Just checked, up to 179 permits issued.

I keep wondering what happened with the folks that didn't turn in a survey back in June of this year. I did my one-year suspension back in 2010. I did notice since June (close of surveys) that the survey total kept creeping up. Either enforce it, or drop it.

Comment

Working...
                                X