No announcement yet.

Terrible time to invest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was clicking through the vanguard site last night and looking at a number of their funds and don’t know if I saw one that had a 2% gain YTD. So I find it Emotionally/Mathematically tough to pull money out of a guaranteed/insured 2% fund to buy in when things are on the way down.

Comment

Your in it for the long run. Don't watch it everyday or chase the market you'll go nuts.

Comment

Mutual Funds? Before you sink your hard earned money into something that pays people whether you win or loose, look into other options!

Comment

Now is the perfect time to invest, prices are falling. Better than starting at an all time high.

Comment

This is what deters many from putting into a 401k. Most don’t realize during low periods you are buying shares at a lower price tag. And yes right now anything YTD shows very little if any gains considering the market pretty much lost what it gained over the last 12 months. However, if you have 10+ years before retirement focus more on 10 year returns or since inception. Can’t get too caught up in short term volatility. Now if you are trying to play the market right now, then good luck

Comment

Based on your posts, you need to educate yourself on investing in the equities markets and seek some well chosen professional advice. I would suggest reading and listening to some of Jack Bogles work. You won't get a better perspective on long term investing than what he preaches.
              Last edited by rockyraider; 11-26-2018, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by scott123456789 View Post
                I was clicking through the vanguard site last night and looking at a number of their funds and don’t know if I saw one that had a 2% gain YTD. So I find it Emotionally/Mathematically tough to pull money out of a guaranteed/insured 2% fund to buy in when things are on the way down.
                If you don't think you have the stomach to stay invested in stocks and not run to cash every time there is a rough spot in the market then you should probably stay in all cash. I'm wired completely different than your post above. Every day I'm sitting in cash it bothers me to think that my money is just sitting there getting eaten alive by minuscule returns and inflation. I don't want any of my money sitting idle and 2% returns just won't cut it in terms of reaching my investing goals.

Check out The Bogleheads Guide to Investing. It is a helpful book to get you started.

Comment

Just Incase you missed it, the market bounced back 600 points yesterday. Nothing in the market is guaranteed and yes some years it will go down, but if you’re in it for the long term, you will average 10-12% in good mutual funds.

Comment

Oil and weed.

Comment

Most weed sticks have not been good over the last 12 months either. Some have. It more of a roulette stock. Find a good solid mutual fund and stay in it. If you want to “play” with the market weed can be good

Comment

Now is always the best time to invest.

Comment

Should have invested 3 days ago

Comment

Working...
                          X