Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Y’all see or seen any Scorpions this spring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reaching for a piece of split oak from the wood rack a couple of weekends ago and my son asked a question and I grabbed without looking The bastage crawled up my glove and stung me high on my wrist.

I really hate those things.

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
      Killed three so far this year. All outside.
      Make that four.

Comment

Got popped this morning by one. Evil bastages

Comment

Just this kind.
          Official video clip of Scorpions : "Rock You Like a Hurricane"LYRICS || PAROLES :It's early morningThe sun comes outLast night was shakingAnd pretty loudMy c...

Comment

none in the house yet this year but plenty outside. I don't know what I had worse, scorpion stings or harvester ant bites.

Comment

I’ve found two in the last few weeks in the darn bathtub at the Farm.

First one was hiding in my body wash sponge. He came crawling out when I started putting soap on it. Next thing I know, I’m dancing around like a **** fool and standing on the side of the tub trying to squish him with a shampoo bottle

Second one was just running around in the tub when I pulled back the curtain. He was easier to squish. That one would have made a Boone and Crockett trophy, it was twice the size of most I see.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

She was under my trash can. Glad I found before they left mother!

Comment

We scoop them out of the pool almost daily and have killed 3-4 in the house this year. I'm just east of Troup in Cherokee County. The first year in the house I would kill a half dozen a night walking around outside on the driveway, sidewalks and pool area. We spray with Demon, Bifin and I spread granular insect poison in the flower beds around the house.

Comment

You guys need to spray. It works.
                    Just found out “our” summer in Medina has a nightly scorpion hunt competition with black lights

Comment

Found probably 2 dozen or so, on the floor, walls, etc..,, in the last 3 weeks. Not sure why either. Live just north of Longview, and I've never seen one around here, ever, prior to the middle of June. Seen lots in South Texas but not up here. They can be fun though! I've let em all go but one, and I clipped his stinger off. Thought my gf was going to destroy most the living room, when I tossed it in her lap.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I found one in the shower with me a couple years ago. Covered that one with half a bottle of Axe Shower Gel. He didn't make it but he smelled good!

Comment

One this summer. All time low.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                            Found probably 2 dozen or so, on the floor, walls, etc..,, in the last 3 weeks. Not sure why either. Live just north of Longview, and I've never seen one around here, ever, prior to the middle of June. Seen lots in South Texas but not up here. They can be fun though! I've let em all go but one, and I clipped his stinger off. Thought my gf was going to destroy most the living room, when I tossed it in her lap.
                            Dang, never seen one to seeing several dozen in the last three weeks? I'd be staying in a hotel until I found out where they were coming from and the problem was fixed! I hate the things more than anything, couldn't deal with living with them on an ongoing basis.

Comment

Originally posted by rockyraider View Post
                              Dang, never seen one to seeing several dozen in the last three weeks? I'd be staying in a hotel until I found out where they were coming from and the problem was fixed! I hate the things more than anything, couldn't deal with living with them on an ongoing basis.
                              Yeah, it's kinda crazy. I'm not too savvy on Scorpions, but I assume it sorta like locust, and it's just a really bad yr.

Comment

All the time at our house. New construction in a new neighborhood.
                                If one gets into the house, our little brown Dachshund usually finds it and lets us know.
                                She has a peculiar noise she makes when on point.

We also have deer, quail, skunks, a hog and coons roaming around. Inside the city limits.

Comment

Working...
                                X