No announcement yet.

Pathological Liars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was at the store the other day, rough looking dude in front of me sees the fresh pinnapple I got for the kids and says " last time I went to europe, they had a dole machine that skinned and cored pinapples automatically, not sure why they dont have them here. I bought 3 just to watch it".

Funny thing is I just watch the same video on facebook the night before.

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
      Fishing buddy of mine has a nephew who we like to say, "remembers things the way he would LIKE them to have happened"

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
      Those are the best. And as they retell a story you were personally involved in they give you the side-eye glance a few times to see if you're going to correct them.

Comment

I know of only one and he is a friend. If I caught a 20lb yellow cat he caught one bigger. If I got 2 inches of rain he got 2.5 inches of rain. I just laugh and carry on. I'm not the only person in town that laughs about this. Guess he's a one upper rather than a liar.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterSanders View Post
          Texas Tornado. aka Jenn
          Someone finally understands why this thread was started.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            I knew the one upper guy. Same guy who if wasn't one upping he was just making stories up for the attention. We all knew he was full of crap, but just let him tell his stories.
            Well, I knew two guys like that.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
              Well, I knew two guys like that.
              I know at least three.

Comment

1982-83 I was five or six years old. My uncle Bill used to take me on dates with him to his girlfriend's house (now wife). We used to tell tall tales to my aunts father, all about the hunting exploits we had in the Amazon and Africa. Good times!

I was only 6 years old, but I can tell you, I'd wrastled anacondas 20ft or more.
                Last edited by cfortner; 03-13-2018, 08:22 PM.

Comment

I know 2 but it may be same person

Comment

These days I'm not a big fan of being lied to. I've got a buddy I've known for 30+ years, he will look you in the eye and bull**** you. Always been that way, and always will. Difference is, you call bull**** he will just smile and says yea, the whole thing is entertaining as hell. It's the people who stick to the lies that get in my craw.

Comment

We have this boy in the neighborhood up until he was probably 11 yrs old he would ride around on his bike. And when ever he’d see me outside he ride up and tell me about his latest adventure. It would range from going to the beach last weekend and being bit by a shark or an alligator trying to get him and him having to fight it with his bare hands or his football team is going to the Super Bowl. Again !! It’s not even Football season. I think he he even walked away from a plane crash. I always went along with him and let him talk and ask him questions about his adventures. The whole time my son who is like 3 yrs younger than him would just be watching and listening and not knowing what to say . Because he didn’t believe a word that other kid was saying.

Comment

This thread is four pages long??? Heck, I remember when my threads didn’t get me excited until page 9 or 10. You boys got a ways to go to even sniff my quality of thread. Just like that one time when ol’ Ms Texas wanted to marry me. Told her this 100% choice grade man stud ain’t getting hitched to nobody, no matter how big her...hair was. What’s her name??? Oh heck, can’t remember that anymore been too many years now....I tell you about how me, Tuff and Ty all started the PBR????

Comment

Originally posted by cfortner View Post
                          These days I'm not a big fan of being lied to. I've got a buddy I've known for 30+ years, he will look you in the eye and bull**** you. Always been that way, and always will. Difference is, you call bull**** he will just smile and says yea, the whole thing is entertaining as hell. It's the people who stick to the lies that get in my craw.
                          I had a cousin, that I grew up with, that lied constantly and really embellished the truth all his life. We had several fist fights as kids as a result. He always went home crying and with black eyes. We were both in the military at the same time. He was a radio operator in the Navy.

About 10 years ago, I guess his lies finally caught up with him. He put a .45 in his mouth and ended his life. At his funeral, a co-worker got up to say a few words and related some of my cousins "stories". According to this young man, my cousin, during his 3 years in the Navy had flown fighter jets and killed many NVA and VC in hand to hand combat.

Comment

My neighbor / church friend is a or was a professional country singer, Pro bowler and the latest, knows multiple people from Seal team six! Also, makes 500,000 a year at his job.

Makes no since he is actually a great guy, and his wife is a s nice as it gets. Me and my neighbors just do not understand why he lies non stop.

It has to be mental.

Comment

In a conversation, the first liar doesn't have a chance lol.

Comment

Kind of like Breast Implants......just saying.

Embellishment.......Facebook comes to mind as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X