Destroyer LE Vs Invasion Cpx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txdukklr View Post
    i shot and will continue to shoot the insanity so i can compare. It's not a top 5 bow for me.

and I'm not in the minority . . . . . I go to a bow shop that sells all three big names and a few others. Have been told that the BT is their fourth selling bow . . . . no so before the invasion.
    Texas is the minority when it comes to bowhunting. Bow popularity, especially in brand, is very geographical.

Not to belittle your shop, but most shops are loyal to what sells. A shop near me claims that Elite bows are POS's. they also quit selling PSE because they claim they can't sell them lower than BPS.

I guess they don't know that BPS dosnt sell the pro series bows. You can't Greg an Omen Pro there.

This is just one example of pro shops pushing what they can sell. So what your shop says really means nothing in the overall picture.

Comment

This thread seems to have taken a wrong turn.
      I sell Bowtech bows exclusively, so here's my take for what it's worth.
      The Invasion is a sweet bow, due to the center-pivot, but it is slower than the D350 or the Insanity.
      The D350 is a nice speed bow.
      I don't particularly like either due the the abrupt transition from peak to let-off.
      The Insanity is really sweet due to center-pivot, speed, and smooth transition from peak to let-off.(I own one, but never liked either of the other two Over-drive Binary bows)
      Any body that thinks either of these bows suck, should shoot the slower Mathews
      bow, but trust me, not one of these bows suck, so take that opinion with a grain of salt.
      I like the Assassin better than any of these bows, but what I like is not always "the best".
      Between the D350 and the Invasion, I'd take the D350 everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
        This thread seems to have taken a wrong turn.
        I sell Bowtech bows exclusively, so here's my take for what it's worth.
        The Invasion is a sweet bow, due to the center-pivot, but it is slower than the D350 or the Insanity.
        The D350 is a nice speed bow.
        I don't particularly like either due the the abrupt transition from peak to let-off.
        The Insanity is really sweet due to center-pivot, speed, and smooth transition from peak to let-off.(I own one, but never liked either of the other two Over-drive Binary bows)
        Any body that thinks either of these bows suck, should shoot the slower Mathews
        bow, but trust me, not one of these bows suck, so take that opinion with a grain of salt.
        I like the Assassin better than any of these bows, but what I like is not always "the best".
        Between the D350 and the Invasion, I'd take the D350 everyday.
        Ive heard that the Assassin is a sweet bow. Probably the most overlooked bow on the market.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
          Yep. Go Destroyer. **** invasion has a top heavy kick back on the Shot. Everyone ive shot did it.
          I am sure the D LE is nice but the invasion is one of the best shooting bows out there when properly tuned. Properly tuned would mean getting the bow in specs for the a to a first without caring about where the bh goes as you will probably get about 7 1/8 on the bh. After that then you synch the cams so they reach the "wall" at the same time...if you do not do this then you will get a kick out of the bow...and this goes for all of the binary cams as well and you will have to do this to the D LE too. I will bet your cams were not synched. As for the OP, both are good bows but I do prefer the center pivot design. Again, the invasion is one of the best hunting rigs I have ever shot. Hope this helps. Cheers!
          Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Frederick D. Be View Post
            I am sure the D LE is nice but the invasion is one of the best shooting bows out there when properly tuned. Properly tuned would mean getting the bow in specs for the a to a first without caring about where the bh goes as you will probably get about 7 1/8 on the bh. After that then you synch the cams so they reach the "wall" at the same time...if you do not do this then you will get a kick out of the bow...and this goes for all of the binary cams as well and you will have to do this to the D LE too. I will bet your cams were not synched. As for the OP, both are good bows but I do prefer the center pivot design. Again, the invasion is one of the best hunting rigs I have ever shot. Hope this helps. Cheers!
            Fred
            From playing with the OD cams, I've learned that sync and timing are critical, as with most bows.
            With the OD, "dual cam system" not binary as BT states, it will make you think the bows areal POS if not in time and cams sync'd.

Most important specs are DL and poundage. Forget ATA and BH. They're just reference numbers.

And we've gotten way off topic... Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Frederick D. Be View Post
              Fred
              Didnt say it wouldnt work. Just said it was top heavy boss with a kickback thats it. I would choose the D350 over it any day after shooting both plenty of times.

And i know juuuuust a tad about tuning bows. Just a little.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                Texas is the minority when it comes to bowhunting. Bow popularity, especially in brand, is very geographical.

Not to belittle your shop, but most shops are loyal to what sells. A shop near me claims that Elite bows are POS's. they also quit selling PSE because they claim they can't sell them lower than BPS.

I guess they don't know that BPS dosnt sell the pro series bows. You can't Greg an Omen Pro there.

This is just one example of pro shops pushing what they can sell. So what your shop says really means nothing in the overall picture.

I realize a bow shop is going to push what they are selling. In this case they are selling both bows and probably make similar money on each bow. I shot the bows next to each other so I shouldn't have convoluted my opinion with the bow shops feedback.

My feedback is the invasion and insanity were good bows not great . . . . . don't have the mass appeal that other bows have because you've got to be willing to deal with some very harsh aspects of the bow.

D350 was and is a great bow

Comment

Didnt say it wouldnt work. Just said it was top heavy boss with a kickback thats it. I would choose the D350 over it any day after shooting both plenty of times.

And i know juuuuust a tad about tuning bows. Just a little.
                  I am sure you know a lot about tuning but was just stating some peculiarities with the tuning aspect of these bows. I have owned all of the Monster line, the D340, 2 Invasions, insanity, 82nd, 101st...and the list goes on but I still do not know everything. I too played with the cams until I got the kick out of both the invasions and they shoot great. The insanity shoots just as well. Love the dual cam bows. I would really like to see what BT is coming out with this year...by the way I am not a fan boy in the least but do enjoy some really good shooting bows...as the technology is some of the best in the market. Mathews has some excellent products as well...and so does Strothers, Elite, etc. To the OP of the thread, you really need to shoot all of these bows and then decide for yourself which one you "synch" with...found mine. Cheers!
                  Fred

Comment

Gotcha. I still have my 82. Cant let it go!

Comment

Me too. We're good...always. Cheers!
                      Fred

Comment

ahhh what a lovely bow that was . . . . .

Comment

Working...
                        X