Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 11-14-2017, 02:57 PM   #1
cehorn
Ten Point

Hunt In: Uvalde, TX
Default Crappy Situation - Opinions Needed

Ok, hereís the situation. Last week was a family weekend at the ranch (family owned not a lease). It consisted of Dad/Grandpa (owner), Son (42) with his 2 kids (grandkids) along with girlfriend of over 2 years and her 2 kids (4 kids range between 9-14) and Son in Law (SIL age 47) with his 2 kids (grandkids also that are both teenagers). Ok, enough of the introductions. So SIL shows up around 11 on Saturday morning while Son and girlfriend are tracking a deer. SIL goes to bathroom upon arriving and clogs up toilet. He doesnít unclog and goes out with the other adults to try to set up a deer stand. While adults were out setting up deer stand, 1 of the girlfriendís kids goes to bathroom and overflows the toilet. Nasty. So, the question is who should be responsible for cleaning up the mess?

It was not cleaned up when everyone left on Sunday as everyone is saying I'm not cleaning it up. SIL says he didnít unclog toilet because the tank fills up super slow due to water situation and he couldnít unclog it at the time. Girlfriendís kid went to bathroom and then tried to unclog toilet by flushing AND THEN plunging which obviously didnít work. So again, who should have cleaned up the nastiness? I wonít say which one I am in the situation to hopefully make answers unbiased. So whatís your opinion on the crappy situation?
cehorn is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 03:00 PM   #2
MadHatter
Ten Point

Sh*t happens
MadHatter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 03:00 PM   #3
BigValley
Four Point

Hunt In: Freestone County, Kimble County

Honestly, the person that clogged the toilet should because he could have either unclogged or let it be known that the toilet was clogged so that no one else went in to use it. However, all pride aside, if I'm the owner, I'm cleaning it to get rid of the mess.
BigValley is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 03:01 PM   #4
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Sometimes the adult in the room has to step up and fix other peoples laziness and stupidity.
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 03:07 PM   #5
Throwin' Darts
Ten Point

47 year old guy clogs a toilet and creates a mess and then leaves it not cleaned up? If I were the owner I'd flush him down the toilet.
Throwin' Darts is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 03:09 PM   #6
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever the wind takes me......

The one who clogged it and the kid who still decided to use a clogged toilet and flush it should be the ones cleaning it up.
bowhuntertex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 03:12 PM   #7
Czechoholic
Six Point

Hunt In: Fayette & Blanco Counties

I thought this was going to be a fishing thread!
Czechoholic is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 03:13 PM   #8
Dakota7493
Ten Point

Hunt In: Erath County

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
sh*t happens :d
lol
Dakota7493 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 03:15 PM   #9
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County

So as of today the mess hasn't been clean? That job just got a whole lot crappier.
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 03:15 PM   #10
bowhntrmatt
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Concho, Val Verde

If I’m the owner, and people are hunting on my land for free (family or otherwise), I would expect my things to be taken care of and respected.

I would clean it up if nobody else would, but it would be forever off limits to sil who clogged it. I wouldn’t really blame the kid, because in modern times they have probably never encountered this situation and didn’t know what to do. It was 100% the fault of the person who clogged it then left it. That person is responsible for cleaning it up.
bowhntrmatt is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 03:17 PM   #11
TxAg
Pope & Young

The 42 yr old and 47 yr old should clean it. Act like a man
TxAg is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 03:24 PM   #12
cehorn
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
So as of today the mess hasn't been clean? That job just got a whole lot crappier.
That is correct. All parties said they shouldn't have to clean it up. 42 year old went to bed around 930 on Saturday while all others played cards and that is when the majority of the "I'm not cleaning it up" statements were made. SIL left at 11 on Sunday while all others worked until about 1 before leaving. 42 year old will be back down there Friday night with his 2 kids (neither was the flusher) and the SIL will be down Saturday around 1 with 1 of his kids.

Last edited by cehorn; 11-14-2017 at 03:27 PM..
Old 11-14-2017, 03:26 PM   #13
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County

Quote:
Originally Posted by cehorn View Post
That is correct. All parties said they shouldn't have to clean it up. SIL left at 11 on Sunday while others worked until about 1 before leaving. 42 year old will be back down there Friday night with his 2 kids (neither was the flusher) and the SIL will be down Saturday around 1 with 1 of his kids.
If I was the owner not a **** person would be allowed to hunt until the mess was. That it is beyond childish.
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 03:27 PM   #14
BTLowry
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Behind the house and public in Texas; Kansas Unit 5

The SIL who clogged it should clean it up

If it belonged to me, SIL would not be coming back to hunt or use the toilet

The fact a grown man is even arguing that it was not his fault is a clue to how sorry his *** is anyway
BTLowry is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 03:28 PM   #15
Louis
Four Point

SIL should cleaning up. His fault for not unclogging AND Not telling anyone it was clogged. Not very responsible person. Don't let him come back
Louis is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 03:29 PM   #16
gingib
Pope & Young

Hunt In: NTX

what a drama mess!!

Sounds like a bunch of winners
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 03:32 PM   #17
cj7zrcool
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Looking for a lease

Whoever did it is responsible for fixing it....in any possible situation....EVERY time! This is precisely a huge part of what's wrong with America today; no personal accountability.
cj7zrcool is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 03:34 PM   #18
Tx.Fisher
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kerr, Llano, Gaines

Tell the SIL to stop acting like a kid and clean the mess up, if he wants to come back.
Tx.Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 03:41 PM   #19
mikeyb_23
Ten Point

Hunt In: Pleasanton, Public land

Whoever clogged it is responsible. That would be the first they fixed before they were allowed it there if I was the owner.
mikeyb_23 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 03:44 PM   #20
centex_aggie
Ten Point

Hunt In: Milam County

If any of them had a shred of decency they would volunteer to clean it up as it is negatively affecting the owner and he is already being generous by having them out. The correct answer is everyone should have put on their big boy pants and sucked it up. Now the owner has to deal with it. Bunch of babies.
centex_aggie is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 03:44 PM   #21
AgHntr10
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where the thieves and poachers roam

SIL no doubt. Shouldn't have ever left to work on a stand without fixing the issue.
AgHntr10 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 03:45 PM   #22
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

Grandpa: "Ok everyone's ******** outside from this point forward!"
Man is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 03:46 PM   #23
stickerpatch59
Ten Point

Hunt In: gonzales, and....

whoever did it cleans it.
stickerpatch59 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 03:46 PM   #24
Mr. Stickers
Ten Point

Hunt In: Brackettville Tx.

SIL just got booted from being able to access the property.....grown man acting like that, family or not you're not welcome back
Mr. Stickers is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 03:52 PM   #25
bullets13
Eight Point

Hunt In: Marion Co, Jefferson Co

clogger is responsible. every time. unless they're a fairly young kid, at which point their parents are.
bullets13 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 04:03 PM   #26
WCB
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wise/Montague/Grayson

Kinda depends on why it clogged. Bad plumbing? Whole roll of TP?? Really BIG ****???

If it was the fault of the SIL then his sorry arse should clean it up. If Paw Paw has a crappy crapper then Paw Paw...
WCB is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 04:06 PM   #27
CastAndBlast
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Liberty Co.

Sooo....you clogged the toilet, and didn't clean it up
CastAndBlast is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 04:15 PM   #28
Still Hunter
Eight Point

Hunt In: Tex, Kansas, Colorado, New Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by cehorn View Post
Ok, hereís the situation. Last week was a family weekend at the ranch (family owned not a lease). It consisted of Dad/Grandpa (owner), Son (42) with his 2 kids (grandkids) along with girlfriend of over 2 years and her 2 kids (4 kids range between 9-14) and Son in Law (SIL age 47) with his 2 kids (grandkids also that are both teenagers). Ok, enough of the introductions. So SIL shows up around 11 on Saturday morning while Son and girlfriend are tracking a deer. SIL goes to bathroom upon arriving and clogs up toilet. He doesnít unclog and goes out with the other adults to try to set up a deer stand. While adults were out setting up deer stand, 1 of the girlfriendís kids goes to bathroom and overflows the toilet. Nasty. So, the question is who should be responsible for cleaning up the mess?

It was not cleaned up when everyone left on Sunday as everyone is saying I'm not cleaning it up. SIL says he didnít unclog toilet because the tank fills up super slow due to water situation and he couldnít unclog it at the time. Girlfriendís kid went to bathroom and then tried to unclog toilet by flushing AND THEN plunging which obviously didnít work. So again, who should have cleaned up the nastiness? I wonít say which one I am in the situation to hopefully make answers unbiased. So whatís your opinion on the crappy situation?
Pretty dysfunctional. SIL should have been adult enough and cleaned up his original deposit. It is not rocket science. The" kid" at least made an effort and tried to clean it up. I also think there is only one person who would even start to question his behavior and that would be the SIL. I would request to have this thread completely removed. Pretty embarrassing and Grandpa/Dad would probably be livid if he knew this was floating out on social media. If I was Grandpa and found this was out on the green screen, no one would be back at the ranch until next year.
Still Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 04:15 PM   #29
Czechfish
Four Point

Mop the room up with his ***
Czechfish is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 04:17 PM   #30
BIGTERRY75
Ten Point

Hunt In: Van Zandt, Bosque, Rockwall

Sounds to me like the SIL is a real SOB
BIGTERRY75 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 04:19 PM   #31
RedRaider323
Eight Point

Hunt In: Robert Lee

Sounds like SIL is responsible, but if they all left the place with it still in the same mess, I wouldn't invite a **** one of them back!
RedRaider323 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 04:28 PM   #32
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

I can't believe this is even a question....

Grandpa should lock every other supposed man in the house in that ****ter and not let a SOB out until it's clean...and it don't matter who cleans it!
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 04:30 PM   #33
stickemhard3
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mont. County and Anderson County

Both parties are responsible since both parties played a part. Someone needs to stand up and be the adult.
stickemhard3 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 04:32 PM   #34
TexasBob
Ten Point

Whoís on first? Had to scroll up a time or two.

Ranch details? Iíll come clean it up for an all access pass depending. Guess they donít appreciate that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TexasBob is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 04:45 PM   #35
wloftis
Six Point

Hunt In: All Over Texas

The amount of disrespect; not to mention the "mess" just being left...I hope you are not the SIL.
wloftis is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 04:54 PM   #36
BigThicketBoy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hardin Co

Your the civil engineer. Just engineer your way out of the **** hole.
First one to cause it cleans it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
BigThicketBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 04:55 PM   #37
MySRT8U
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Boerne and anywhere else I can find

Ask grandpa if I can come hunt and I'll clean it up for him.
MySRT8U is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 05:01 PM   #38
cehorn
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
Whoever clogged it is responsible. That would be the first they fixed before they were allowed it there if I was the owner.
I agree 100%, that is my thinking. My stance is whoeverís *** the crap came out of is responsible for cleaning up the crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Hunter View Post
Pretty dysfunctional. SIL should have been adult enough and cleaned up his original deposit. It is not rocket science. The" kid" at least made an effort and tried to clean it up. I also think there is only one person who would even start to question his behavior and that would be the SIL. I would request to have this thread completely removed. Pretty embarrassing and Grandpa/Dad would probably be livid if he knew this was floating out on social media. If I was Grandpa and found this was out on the green screen, no one would be back at the ranch until next year.
I am not the SIL and agree with all of the first part of your post. I am the son and wanted to make sure I wasnít thinking irrational by expecting SIL to clean it up. I was ****** Saturday (part of the reason I went to bed early although it was a bad day all around), even more ****** Sunday when it wasnít cleaned up before they left (I told one of my nieces it needs to be cleaned up before they left and she said it was as SIL wasnít there at the time and I didnít see him before they left) and Iím still ******. More than likely Iíll clean it up on Friday night because thatís how things generally work around there. Dad/Grandpa is the owner and does all the tractor work, I do ~75% of the labor and SIL does ~25% and that is being generous. Over 90% of the time SIL leaves before 10 on Sunday and leaves me and dad to finish doing everything that needs to be done before leaving (burning trash, cleaning up, swapping out memory cards, etc.). But, Iím not the owner and I have put too much blood, sweat and tears into the place to not go back. Dysfunctional is probably an understatement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCB View Post
Kinda depends on why it clogged. Bad plumbing? Whole roll of TP?? Really BIG ****???

If it was the fault of the SIL then his sorry arse should clean it up. If Paw Paw has a crappy crapper then Paw Paw...
It is not bad plumbing other than the calcium, etc that prevents the tank from filling up quickly but that doesnít really have to do with the initial clog. SIL is a huge man (NFL offensive guard size) and fairly hairy so it was more than likely a combo of really big **** and lotta TP.
Old 11-14-2017, 05:03 PM   #39
cehorn
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by wloftis View Post
The amount of disrespect; not to mention the "mess" just being left...I hope you are not the SIL.
Disrespect is exactly what I feel even though I'm not the owner.
Old 11-14-2017, 05:16 PM   #40
BURTONboy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

If I did that at my mil's place I would be embarrassed to step foot back in that house. And that's if I were even allowed too. The sil needs to put on some rubber gloves and get to work. That dang house is going to smell BAD come Friday....
BURTONboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 05:17 PM   #41
Slew
Pope & Young

Hunt In: all over

You need better family!! X2 on thinking this was about fishing! I woulda skipped this thread if I knew it was about brown trout!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slew is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 05:18 PM   #42
Shinesintx
Ten Point

Hunt In: South Franklin County

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhuntertex View Post
The one who clogged it and the kid who still decided to use a clogged toilet and flush it should be the ones cleaning it up.
Pretty simple solution....but Iíd throw in that the mom of the kid needs to help.
Shinesintx is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 05:18 PM   #43
Etxnoodler
Eight Point

SIL is responsible. However I can believe multiple grown *** people left it saterday night. Much less Sunday. That is ridiculous.
Etxnoodler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 05:18 PM   #44
Graysonhogs
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fannin/Grayson/Erath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post

Grandpa should lock every other supposed man in the house in that ****ter and not let a SOB out until it's clean...and it don't matter who cleans it!
Winner...
Graysonhogs is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 05:21 PM   #45
hunt247
Ten Point

Hunt In: Saint Jo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post

this! take away man cards delete post. I wish there was a shaking my head button. I would wear it out.
hunt247 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 05:24 PM   #46
Double-O-Dave
Eight Point

Heck, Iíd clean up the mess if I got to hunt for free. SIL would be banned if I was the owner and I donít know if Iíd ever let him come back to hunt.

Regards,

Dave
Double-O-Dave is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 05:26 PM   #47
cj7zrcool
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Looking for a lease

What's SIL's phone number?
cj7zrcool is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 05:49 PM   #48
Burnadell
Pope & Young

So, the culprit is your brother-in-law? Have you explained it to your sister...or your wife, he he is her brother?

...and the owner is your dad or your grandad?

I’m so confused!
Burnadell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 05:56 PM   #49
slomo
Ten Point

Hunt In: Taylor and Nolan county

Will clean toilet messes for hunting rights! Just sayin
slomo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 06:00 PM   #50
cehorn
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnadell View Post
So, the culprit is your brother-in-law? Have you explained it to your sister...or your wife, he he is her brother?

...and the owner is your dad or your grandad?

I’m so confused!
Yes, the culprit is my brother in law (sister's husband). Owner is my dad. I included grandpa because my kids and nieces were all there. My dad went to dinner at my sister and brother in laws house Sunday evening and that's where the slow filling tank/couldn't unclog it story came from. But, my dad never holds my brother in law accountable for his actions or lack of actions. It has been ongoing since he bought the place 18 years ago.

Last edited by cehorn; 11-14-2017 at 06:04 PM..