Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
    TTaxidermy. I'm going to DSC next week and booking a hunt. Whatever I book I am going to send to you to offset all the oil related mounts you won't be getting this year. Since I'm saving so much money on fuel now I'll do my best to keep you from going under due to low oil prices.
    Uuhh ok except I'm not taking in any more at this time. I met my yearly limit a few weeks ago. Don't do to much these days..Thank you though for the offer.

Have fun at DSC. From what I'm hearing there will be some smoking deals. Lots of cancellations......
    Negotiate negotiate.

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post
      I have been trying to stay out of this thread but some of the opinions/mind sets of folks are driving me crazy. Started in O&G 18 months ago and have had the opportunity to make some decent money. We have payed our debts, saved some money, and spent probably more than we should. Bottom line is whether you make $8/hr or $80/hr our jobs are equally important in nearly every way. Our families rely on these wages for food, shelter, and clothing, education, and so on. Low gas prices are great for most, the energy sector is taking a hit now so for y'all that are not in the industry take advantage. Buy stocks, invest, save. As for those of us in the industry, I hope we saved enough and when prices go up we can either begin to or save/invest more. Every thing aside, all this bickering back and forth does us no good. Now, let's help one another out...post up help wanted/needed threads, investment opportunity threads, and get out of debt/savings threads.
      God Bless our TBH family,
      Chris

Well said Chris!!! prayers up for all our oilfield brothers that have lost their jobs. I'm still hanging on by a thread but am hopeful that we can stay busy enough to get through this slow down

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
        Uuhh ok except I'm not taking in any more at this time. I met my yearly limit a few weeks ago. Don't do to much these days..Thank you though for the offer.

Have fun at DSC. From what I'm hearing there will be some smoking deals. Lots of cancellations......
        Negotiate negotiate.
        Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post

how many mounts did you do this year from oilfield related hunts?

TTaxidermy I was referring to kyle1974's post.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeRichardson View Post
          His job is absolutely more important than saving someone a couple hundred a month.

your comparison is absurd at best.

you dont save a hundred dollars, you don't get to make that extra dinner or family trip.

He loses his job, he doesn't have financial stability for him and his.

you sit around and rejoice over saving $200/month for gas, which is great, don't get me wrong, I want you to have as much money in your wallet as possible. but to think for a second that your measly $200 is TOTING the bill for us oilfield guys to make us fat and rich, you're mistaken.

Welfare mentality? how? none of us are sitting around saying that you owe us anything. we aren't looking for handouts, or anything for free. We go to work, we earn our keep.

Our livelihood is producing energy related products, you need energy related products, so we sell them to you, regardless of cost. And you're going to buy them, whether you want them or not.
          There are millions more people saving $200 a month than there are losing their jobs, I hate to see anyone lose their job. My 24 yo nephew was just laid off. I hate it for him but not because of the loss of income. That job was turning him into a man. It was fun to watch, he will be ok down the road though.

Comment

and then drug through the mud for making too much money right here on the green screen....

Comment

The rental yards are filling up pretty fast.

Comment

I just keep wondering how millions of Americans didn't prepRe better for higher energy costs.

It doesn't surprise me really, most Americans can't save a dime. They're more concerned with the latest iPhone and maxing out their credit cards.

I just don't understand why they didn't save more money when gas prices were low? I certainly am tired of hearing about their struggles when there's a flat screen in every bedroom and an iPad on every dresser.

I think you guys nailed it though.... People should just prepare.
                I don't own an iPhone or other smartphone, nor an iPad, I pay off my credit cards at the end of every month, and don't have a flat screen tv in any bedroom of my house, much less every bedroom. And yes, paying almost $2/gallon less than I was less than a year ago is helping our family in the same ways it is helping tens of millions of other families in America right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Flournoy View Post
                  I hope you make as much money as the market deems you to be worth.

I also hope you're not on here whining and complaining about how much more important your job is than tens of millions of people saving several thousand dollars a year on gas bills, if you're one of those folks in the O&G industry who blows through their good money like it's going out of style with no thought for the future. I don't want to hear talk about shelter, food, clothing, education, etc. for your family when low oil prices come if you're buying the super expensive toys when times are good and not preparing for a rainy day, for the sake of your family. The tens of millions of people who are saving huge bucks at the pump right now also have families who need food, shelter, education, etc., and right now they're finally getting some relief to help towards those things.

One more thing, I keep seeing this number of saving a measly "$1/gallon at the pump" thrown around as something ridiculous. Maybe you haven't looked at the pump prices recently, but where I live I'm saving a lot closer to $2/gallon than I was in the not very distant past. If you can't see how that is significant to tens of millions of Americans every day lives then it just shows how out of touch you really are with the average American wage earner.
                  For the last time I will say....This thread started when gas was $2 or so...Not when it was $3.50 or higher. And NO ONE ever said consumers aren't saving lots of money FROM THE PEAK of gas prices to where they stand now. UNDERSTAND?

We're simply saying for the quazillionith time the comparison from $2 per gallon to current prices. Why can't you get this through your head? I don't think any O/G guy cared when people wanted gas to fall from $4 to $3..or $3 to $2.50...or even down to $2... It's when they get on here and want gas to keep tanking more and more and more even though they know (or are least informed but refuse to believe) that if oil goes lower thousands will lose their jobs, but they don't care.. They want to save another dollar or two...Thats where the saving $2 comes from... Get it?

Comment

the wives of Orange County have less drama in their lives than this thread.

Comment

Can everyone agree that gas at $2.25 most O/G people will keep their jobs?

If so we really need to make this entire thread about comparing Gas at $2.00 per gallon to it's current prices. No one wants gas back up near $4 per gallon... At least I don't think they do.

Comment

Would it be possible for these oil field workers to cut their pay and save jobs?
                        So instead of making $30 per hour, reduce their wages to $20 per hour until oil goes back above $80 / bbl.

Why does it have to be all or nothing in the oil field?

Comment

Originally posted by BIG IRON View Post
                          There are millions more people saving $200 a month than there are losing their jobs, I hate to see anyone lose their job. My 24 yo nephew was just laid off. I hate it for him but not because of the loss of income. That job was turning him into a man. It was fun to watch, he will be ok down the road though.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                            For the last time I will say....This thread started when gas was $2 or so...Not when it was $3.50 or higher. And NO ONE ever said consumers aren't saving lots of money FROM THE PEAK of gas prices to where they stand now. UNDERSTAND?

We're simply saying for the quazillionith time the comparison from $2 per gallon to current prices. Why can't you get this through your head? I don't think any O/G guy cared when people wanted gas to fall from $4 to $3..or $3 to $2.50...or even down to $2... It's when they get on here and want gas to keep tanking more and more and more even though they know (or are least informed but refuse to believe) that if oil goes lower thousands will lose their jobs, but they don't care.. They want to save another dollar or two...Thats where the saving $2 comes from... Get it?
                            Thing is, I don't recall any of you oilfield guys starting a thread when oil prices were at their peak, saying "oil prices really are too high, I sure wish they would go down some."

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

I remember a while back when oil was through the roof you were wanting prices to go higher so you could make more money.

Originally posted by JMalin View Post
                              the wives of Orange County have less drama in their lives than this thread.

Lord
                              That is funny coming from you

Comment

Just save where u can!!

Comment

Working...
                                X