Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody Have A 1/2" National Pipe Thread Tap I Might Borrow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody Have A 1/2" National Pipe Thread Tap I Might Borrow?

I messed up the threads on the drain hole on my RV water heater, trying to get the plastic threads of a broken plug out.

The plug is listed as a 1/2 inch plug but it looks more like a 3/4 inch. A standard 1/2 inch tap is obviously too small. I believe I need a 1/2 inch NPT (National Pipe Thread) tap.

Does anyone have one I could borrow. I would pay for shipping both ways of course.
    Thanks.

Depending on the model I believe your going need a 3/4” NPT tap. At least that’s what mine took when I had to retap mine. I had to borrow mine to. Good luck

Comment

Go buy one at HD and take it back when you are done.

Comment

Originally posted by hot_rod_eddie View Post
        Really

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
          Depending on the model I believe your going need a 3/4” NPT tap. At least that’s what mine took when I had to retap mine. I had to borrow mine to. Good luck
          Interesting, so why is the plug called a 1/2 inch plug when it's so large?

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
            I messed up the threads on the drain hole on my RV water heater, trying to get the plastic threads of a broken plug out.

The plug is listed as a 1/2 inch plug but it looks more like a 3/4 inch. A standard 1/2 inch tap is obviously too small. I believe I need a 1/2 inch NPT (National Pipe Thread) tap.

Does anyone have one I could borrow. I would pay for shipping both ways of course.
            Thanks.
            I've got a 1/2" pipe tap in my plumbing toolbox. I can bring it back up here to the office when I go to lunch today.

Comment

Originally posted by hot_rod_eddie View Post
              And people wonder what is wrong with the world. Wow

Comment

I bought a set at Harbor Freight for the exact same thing. It was cheap and used it several times since.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                  I bought a set at Harbor Freight for the exact same thing. It was cheap and used it several times since.
                  Same here.

Comment

Interesting, so why is the plug called a 1/2 inch plug when it's so large?
                    The 1/2 inch is measured I.D.. The outside diameter of 1/2 pipe is larger.

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
                      I've got a 1/2" pipe tap in my plumbing toolbox. I can bring it back up here to the office when I go to lunch today.
                      Are you at the Building Center Showroom Jeff? If so I'll stop in tomorrow.
                      Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                      The 1/2 inch is measured I.D.. The outside diameter of 1/2 pipe is larger.
                      Got it. Thanks.

Comment

Did you get one? I can get one in the mail to ya tomorrow if you need me to.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                          Did you get one? I can get one in the mail to ya tomorrow if you need me to.
                          Not yet but I'll let you know after I talk to Jeff.

Comment

I'll go ahead and stick one in my pocket just in case.

Comment

Yes sir. It's in my truck in front of the estimating office on the east side of the parking lot.

(Eight-1-Seven)Seven-8-One-Seven-2-Four-3

Comment

Working...
                              X