Graduation Trip to Chandaluer Islands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Graduation Trip to Chandaluer Islands

When asked what my son wanted for graduation, he replied, a hunting or fishing trip with dad. Me and the wife have booked a fly out trip to the Chandaluer Islands with Bourgeios Charters. It is an all inclusive trip, and we will be fishing two days. We arrive Day 1 and get dinner and a good nights sleep. Day 1 of fishing will begin with us flying out at sunrise to the islands. We will fish the islands and the fly back that afternoon/evening. We will get breakfast, a hot lunch, and dinner back at the lodge. The next day we will be headed out to the bay outside of Barataria Louisiana. Nervous about flying in a small plane and landing on water. Can not wait to tell my son. I think he will be excited. Anybody done something like this. How is the fishing in early July in this area?

Sounds awesome

Comment

Thats a great graduation present! I fished there before and had a great time! We stayed on a "mother" boat at the islands and fished in small boats though. We caught a bunch and i hope to.go back some day!

I dont like to fly but used the float planes in Canada a couple years ago. Pretty cool experience! One flight i even sat on the seat next to the pilot. I'm betting yall are going to have great time!

Congratuations to your son and good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by meathunter View Post
        When asked what my son wanted for graduation, he replied, a hunting or fishing trip with dad. Me and the wife have booked a fly out trip to the Chandaluer Islands with Bourgeios Charters.
        you booked with one of the best, Capt Theophile is a great guy You are correct, day 1 is seaplane flight to the Chandeleurs for trout, then Day 2 is for redfish in the coastal marsh grass

http://www.neworleansfishing.com/

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU8CM5ABc_I"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU8CM5ABc_I[/ame]

Comment

I am hoping we catch some good sized fish.

Comment

It'll be awesome.

Discovery channel has a show and that guide is featured on it. Seems like a jam up guy

Comment

Bucket list trip!

I watched bill dance fish with him on tv this morning.
              With a name like that, he’s gotta be a good fisherman!

Comment

That’s a great present to your son, well done dad!

Comment

Awesome! I was looking at booking the same trip!! Let us know how it goes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice - I got luggage and a red eye airplane ticket to basic training for graduation!

Comment

You will have a ball!! I've done it many, many times... To me, it seems like the best way to fish the islands. We used to fly out with Steve Littleton. He could take himself, three guys and a 48 quart "cooler-box"... We'd put food in the box for the trip out, and fillets in it for the trip back in... many times we'd fill that box with fillets and still have stringers of trout and reds laying in the forward cabin of the plane... That was back when the limit on trout was 50 and reds were whatever you wanted to bring back...

One note of "caution", depending on how clear the water is and when you go, once you fly the islands, you may not want to land and get in the water... At certain times of the year, you'll see sharks, BIG SHARKS cruising the shoreline and schools of stingrays that are in the hundreds with some it seems as big as the hood of your truck!!

But not to worry, none of that stuff will bother you, if you shuffle your feet...

It won't matter much what you throw, just make sure it's got a chartreuse tail and/or head...
                      Good luck!

If the weather holds I will be with a group out there Memorial day week...

Comment

Sounds awesome Saltwaterslick. Let me know how it goes on your trip for Memorial Day.

Comment

Well it is about a week away and was just seeing if anybody has been this summer and can give report?

Comment

Well it is about a week away and was just seeing if anybody has been this summer and can give report?
                            I’m gonna tag along. I leave Wes yon the VI for three days of fishing

Comment

I keep in decent contact with Austin on the VI but haven't talked to him in a month or so. On trips they were able to get out fishing has been ok but not on fire. However, the weather hasn't been consistent long enough for it to get to epic fishing.

If think it the weather stays decent from now till go time y'all should do well. Check tournament schedule from the nugget. When we tried to go back in May they'd had some big shark tourney and had been chumming the islands for 3 days prior to us leaving....

Comment

Working...
                              X