• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mountain Lion Kills Biker

Wow!

That's crazy

Comment

Scratch all that at the end. The one and only safety precaution you need to take is.....if you go hiking and biking, carry a shotgun. Load it with #4 buck and call it good. If you're packin heat you ain't got no reason to run from a stupid freakin animal.

Comment

Only reason I hate walking to my bow blind in the pitch black , especially in old Mexico

Comment

Those attacks are so rare I wouldn’t worry about it. The last time anyone was killed in that state only Burnadel was around

Comment

Me too. And rookie bow hunters.

Comment

Wow

I'm surprised that a 100# cat could manage to take out 2 grown men.

Comment

The biker was "killed" and the cat was "euthanized". PC at its best. Prayers up for these folks. Mountain lion attacks have to be around the same odds as winning the lottery the same day you got struck by lightning.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                  Wow

Yea me too! I was thinking 2 of them could fight him off!

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                    Wow

not really big cats are built to kill,, when they separated it just made it easier for the cat .....

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                      Yea me too! I was thinking 2 of them could fight him off!
                      Well not when one of them leaves his buddy & heads for the hills.

Comment

This is why I always pack my Glock when I go in with my bow. In the pitch black I can still get off a shot with my .40 caliber. Don't honestly care what the rules are, as not orphaning my kids trumps pleasing a bureaucrat.

Comment

You have a letter better chance of getting killed by dogs, or bees, or lightning. But being stalked and then brought down by a cougar would be an awful way to go.

Comment

This is what happens when you panic!

I'm no expert, but if the guys would have stood their ground and used their bikes between themselves and the cat, they would have both been here today!

Never turn your back on a cat, and never ever run from one! You will just cause the predator instinct to kick in and they will run after you.
                            Also, a good side arm would have come in handy!

I've interacted with black panthers, Tigers and Bobcats in captivity and their nature is to always attack from behind. So never ever turn your back on one!
                            Last edited by Flint knapper; 05-20-2018, 04:45 PM.

Comment

I either read or heard a while back that majority lion attacks happen with someone on a bike. I guess triggers the chase response

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X