oklahoma state champ scores?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oklahoma state champ scores?

how come traditionally oklahoma state champs in ASA has scores so much lower than those shot in texas!? Is it that much harder of a course?

Ryan, they shot only 25 targets..........you got a link for the scores?

Comment

yep okie asa site...why only 25? that's strange

Comment

Not sure, they do a lot of 20-25 target set ups at the clubs in OK, I have never asked why, guess I should start. Best ask Mike.........then let me know what you found out, now you got me curious

Comment

Nothing in the rules says you have to have 30 targets. at least 20, but no more than 30. OK tends to set their shoots more like the pro ams and just shoot 20 targets for qualifiers.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
            Nothing in the rules says you have to have 30 targets. at least 20, but no more than 30. OK tends to set their shoots more like the pro ams and just shoot 20 targets for qualifiers.
            Thats what we need to do to cut down the time in the heat.

Comment

shhhhhhhhh.... you know we got the best thing going and everybody wants to be like us!! There is a lot of not so positive things about dropping the target count down. IMO we should stay just how it is. Just spend less time aiming!! Works for me!

Comment

Some of the clubs only have 20 targets so they went with 20 because of that.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                  Actually, if my recollection is correct. It is a National federation rule that the state championship MUST have 30 targets at minimum at the state championship.

Comment

Here is the rule:

B. Federation State Championships will consist of one (1) round of thirty (30) individual McKenzie 3-D targets.

Comment

Originally posted by DeluxeRaider View Post
                      Here is the rule:

B. Federation State Championships will consist of one (1) round of thirty (30) individual McKenzie 3-D targets.
                      State Directors have been given some flexibility on the Federation rules. In Oklahoma and Texas as well.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinpool View Post
                        State Directors have been given some flexibility on the Federation rules. In Oklahoma and Texas as well.
                        Oklahoma got an ok from the Federation Director to shoot 25 at state....but YES...Federation rules mandate 30.

It has been discussed here in Texas to shoot 20 at qualifiers. Here is the problem. Club sets 20. 140 shooters show up. 7 shooters per stake. We get done at 5:00pm No fun for ya'll....no fun for us.

Clubs would be required to set TWO 20 target ranges and you still might have over crowding on one range or the other. Remember we had 197 shooters in one day at Cowtown in 2010. We had two 30 target ranges so it worked out. Other problem is some of our clubs do not even own 40 tournament shootable targets to set.

It has always been kind of a Texas thing to shoot 30...heck I remember when some clubs shot 40. A lot of people feel its more bang for your buck....others think its too many.
                        Last edited by Arrowsmith; 07-21-2011, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinpool View Post
                          That is obvious, as have other states. I was just passing on the rules as stated by D. Falks on the ASA forum. http://asaforum.com/index.php?topic=7108.0

My intent was not to say that OK was wrong, just to point out what the federation rule states. As you can see from his posts in the thread that I linked above, D. stated that he leaves room for experimentation as that is where the great ideas come from.

Comment

Thanks Kurt and Mike for jumping and providing great answers and insight to the questions that were asked and the clarification it provided.

Answering out of my own clubs experience (Folks will always complain about the heat, but they will flat out think you are trying to rob them if you set up less than 30 targets and charge the same price you were charging for 30 targets.) Then they will quit showing up.

Once again this has been my experience and it may be different than yours........

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                              Oklahoma got an ok from the Federation Director to shoot 25 at state....but YES...Federation rules mandate 30.

It has been discussed here in Texas to shoot 20 at qualifiers. Here is the problem. Club sets 20. 140 shooters show up. 7 shooters per stake. We get done at 5:00pm No fun for ya'll....no fun for us.

Clubs would be required to set TWO 20 target ranges and you still might have over crowding on one range or the other. Remember we had 197 shooters in one day at Cowtown in 2010. We had two 30 target ranges so it worked out. Other problem is some of our clubs do not even own 40 tournament shootable targets to set.

It has always been kind of a Texas thing to shoot 30...heck I remember when some clubs shot 40. A lot of people feel its more bang for your buck....others think its too many.
                              Another problem is that I sure as hell won't drive more than an hour to shoot 20 targets. I'd drive a **** long way to shoot 40 though. I think the closer things comes TO the pro-ams the more I like it.

Comment

Working...
                              X