No announcement yet.

Pain in the neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers for a full recovery by both of y'all.

Comment

Hoping for a swift and total recovery for both of you lads.

Comment

hope your getting back to normal..
        some forget that archery is a sport. and we don't stretch or exercise enough.
        i know i don't...
        there are some good vidio's about this ..
        work,, and time is the big difficulty in alot of our life's...

Comment

Good luck and a speedy heal time.

Comment

I guess technically I am a the point of full recovery from a surgery standpoint. I am allowed to shoot my bow and no other physical limitations... but my bow arm is now weak and giving me fits like it used to before I started working out and lifting weights etc. So... now goes the slow go of rebuilding strength. I have been shooting a dozen or so shots every other day or so... on Wednesday I was actually shooting pretty decently again, just don't have the endurance back yet.

Comment

Good to hear, and remember GO SLOW, you aint' as young as you used to be.

Comment

Sorry to hear about all the health problems. Glad to know you are "medically" well, and now just need some physical rebuild. That's good news in my book. Don't get to crazy and take it slow like shortstroke said. Best to you.

BTW- Summer Bluegill are getting crazy on micro poppers.

Comment

Hope ya get better soon bud...if it helps i havnt pulled a string in months...so...your doing better than me!!

Comment

Hope both have quick recoverys. Arvin

Comment

I shot yesterday for the first time since my surgery six weeks ago. I didn’t shoot all that well, but it was great to have a bow in my hand again! Most people don’t understand how much Traditional archers enjoy their sport. Hope to see some friends at Liberty Hill in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckc. View Post
                        I shot yesterday for the first time since my surgery six weeks ago. I didn’t shoot all that well, but it was great to have a bow in my hand again! Most people don’t understand how much Traditional archers enjoy their sport. Hope to see some friends at Liberty Hill in a couple of weeks.
                        Yep, it gets to you. I have my bows hanging in my room and every day, as I'd lay there, or sit. I'd look at it and wonder why on earth I was at home from work and NOT shooting my bow.

It's been tough trying to go slow and build back endurance. Kinda like doing pushups... been shooting 10-12 shots every other evening and building from there. First day was okay... the following days stunk... but it's been coming around and I'd say my accuracy is coming back faster than my endurance which is at least a boost, because from a hunting perspective... I only need to pull back the string a couple times a weekend. (warm up and the one shot!)

Comment

You’ll get there! I have a hard time taking it slow and have to force myself to stop when I know that I should. Talk about painful, I had an ilf recurve that was a Christmas present from my wife arrive about a week ago. I put it together and just looked at it for a week. I’ve been real curious about all the hype concerning these carbon limbs. I’ll find out today if there’s any truth to it. I’m gonna also try out Rick’s technique for tying a string nock on the new recurve today. Thanks Rick!
                          Last edited by chuckc.; 06-08-2018, 08:25 AM. Reason: Additional information

Comment

Prayers up!

Comment

Working...
                            X