Won't be shopping at 84 Lumber....ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Won't be shopping at 84 Lumber....ever

That Super Bowl commercial was about as disingenuous as anything I've seen in a long time. IMHO, they really stepped in it. It's presented as a camping trip in search of a better life, with lots of nice people along the way, only to be blocked by the mean racist Americans at the border, where they encounter a big, ugly wall. If they really wanted to present a realistic journey through Mexico for that woman and her daughter, it would go like this: Woman pays what to her is a king's ransom to a coyote to transport her and her daughter across Mexico to the border. Along the way, both are raped by said coyote and friends, and, upon reaching the border, both are held by the coyote for more money from relatives before he takes them across. They encounter no wall and are smuggled into the U.S., where they are separated and are sold into prostitution. The daughter dies of a heroine overdose given to her by her pimp. The mother eventually escapes and goes back to Mexico, life ruined, daughter lost forever. No, this doesn't happen to every illegal, but it happens to far too many to glorify the process. Screw you 84!

Yep...that commercial was meant to fan the flames [emoji91] and nothing more.

Comment

Wow, I'm glad I didn't go watch the rest of it. That is a pretty stupid commercial, you think it will air down in Mexico ? Seen a lot more political BS commercials this time. Acceptance LOL

Comment

Agreed. Making out that illegal entry, super dangerous especially to a child is somehow justified if not glorified. Dumbass timing, divisive. I'm done buying ANYTHING there. It's McCoys and Lowes from now on.

Comment

Yea if only they would make a realistic choice in depicting real life boarder travel

Comment

Is 84 Lumber even in Texas?

Comment

And now I've heard of 84 lumber.

Comment

We have one in Lubbock.

Comment

There looks like there's 9 of them in Texas.
                  There's 1 in Georgetown
                  I'll never go to one.

Comment

I've seen them in Texas before. I don't think I've ever been inside one before. Now I know I'll never go into one in the future.

Comment

Interesting ....never heard of them..

Comment

I guess they think hippies are large purveyors of timber products of barely marginal quality?

Comment

There is one in Conroe, never seen anyone there....I will mill my own lumber before ever shopping at that dump.

Comment

I am in Conroe....don't plan on EVER shopping there.

Ridiculous.

Comment

I hope they go bankrupt.

Comment

Working...
                              X