Anyone hunt with a 44 mag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone hunt with a 44 mag?

I have a thing for lever actions, but I've never shot one of these. Anyone hunt with a 44 mag rifle?

Sure do. Henry golden boy. Haven’t killed much with it yet. Few pigs couple does and a turkey. Shooting plain white box Winchester soft points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes sir. Knock over a deer every year or two with my Ruger Deerfield.

Comment

Don't have a rifle, but hunt with pistol from time to time.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
          Sure do. Henry golden boy. Haven’t killed much with it yet. Few pigs couple does and a turkey. Shooting plain white box Winchester soft points.

I really want a Henry. Lots of models to choose from.

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
            Don't have a rifle, but hunt with pistol from time to time.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
            Thats fancy looking. I have a Super Blackhawk hunter in .44 with open sights. Accurate as can be.

Comment

I would love to have a lever action 44 mag.

Comment

.41 mag is much better! How ever most 50 yard rifles come in .44 mag
                I don’t know why but .44 mag rifles make me hear banjo music and think about people wearing overalls to church “ with snakes involved “
                Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 05-16-2018, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Marlin 1894 44mag and Ruger SBH for me. 44mag flattens em where they stand

Comment

I've got a Henry 44mag lever gun with open sights that has absolutely flatlined 2 does. I break it out towards the end of the season and it's a ton of fun to shoot/ hunt with

Comment

Originally posted by slicktree View Post
                      I've got a Henry 44mag lever gun with open sights that has absolutely flatlined 2 does. I break it out towards the end of the season and it's a ton of fun to shoot/ hunt with
                      Are snakes involved?

Comment

Don't have a rifle but I do have a .44 mag super redhawk. Lots of fun to put a empty refrigerant can out at 50 to 75 yds and bounce it around. Need to take a hog or deer with it.

Comment

Originally posted by slicktree View Post

I like the way you think.

Factory ammo? What distance? Shot placement?

Comment

I do, have, and always will.

I’ve had and have several of about every Forty-Four rifle made.

My go-to is a Henry BBS 16” with the big loop replaced with standard lever and Skinner dovetail ghost sights and front blade.

But, the current Winchester 92 can be had new for about $850 and its the best hands down.

I’ve killed about everything that needs killin with every type round to include handloads and the 240gr factory JSP does as good a job as any. The funky flavors kill no better but sometimes kill worse than the cheapo. The Buffalo Bore Type Keith loads are a whole nuther animal.

A 41 mag kills no better than my 410 using Brenneke slugs, its a fact.

I even have some 44’s scoped but It really ain’t necessary. I keep all my 44 mag shots at less than 100 because I always hunt like I’m bow hunting anyway.
                            Last edited by Johnny44; 05-16-2018, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Yup. 94 Winchester and Ruger Super Blackhawk

Comment

Working...
                              X