Coke co rut and deer movement report! Let's here it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coke co rut and deer movement report! Let's here it

Trying to get out to the lease tomorrow or Monday for a quick hunt. We still haven't seen any real rut activity from our older deer. How has the movement been both on and off feed since the cold weather set in?

One of the guys on our lease saw a couple nice ones crusing around. That last two sit s there was a doe getting chased all around by a spike and a little 3.5 year old ..

Comment

Sat in a blind Friday night and saw two bucks hot on the trail of two does. This morning as I filled feeders I saw another buck chasing a doe. They are moving. Good luck to ya.

Comment

Hoping to get out there tomorrow. We have seen bucks 3.5 and under chasing but the older bucks we have seen don't seem to be impressed with the ladies.
        Rut or not I just hope we can see something moving.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

We saw mature deer running this weekend.

Comment

Had a similar experience, Seen a bunch of young guys chasing does last week.

Comment

I am not seeing any rut activity. Bucks that were chasing a week ago have settled down and are ignoring the does. I'm thinking that the first round is over.

Comment

Up to a couple weeks ago most out older bucks still didn't appear to have dark tarsals on camera and most doe still had fawns. I'm hoping that has changed. Heading there about 10-11 today.

Comment

I'll be down tomorrow.
                    I've got a few on the hit list.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	24346100

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                      Up to a couple weeks ago most out older bucks still didn't appear to have dark tarsals on camera and most doe still had fawns. I'm hoping that has changed. Heading there about 10-11 today.
                      We were seeing that also. We saw alot of territorial activity and couldn't find many does this weekend.

Comment

Skunked on two hunts so far. Feeder activity is very sporadic right now. Bucks are showing at all different times of day. Doe are hard to find as well. Typically I would get off the feeders and hunt some trails but we still don't have a good understanding of where the deer are traveling on this new place so it's hard to get off the feeders much.

Comment

Working...
                        X