Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another DIY bending square tubing question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another DIY bending square tubing question.

I've seen numerous threads and online articles where an 1/8" rod is bent around a round section and welded in place to faciltate the bending. Online I read when bent, the "outside" wall bends inwards "by itself" similar to the inside radius. I have seen bent tubing on treestands that has this same look.

I was wondering if you took a couple pieces of flat stock and clamped them to the top and bottom of the tubing, and then take something like solid stock the same width as the tubing, with 1/8" rod welded to one side each, and then clamp these on the inner and outer sides and then squeeze them inward in an effort to put these radius grooves on the sides ahead of time making it easier to start the bending process of the tubing.

I'd like to figure out an easier way rather than ripping my vice off the workbench . . . if I had a welder I could find out for myself. Thanks.

We preheat the tubing with a torch to make it easy to bend...

Comment

check out weldingweb.com...but pleasssse use the search before posting. they can be rough.

Comment

Originally posted by poisonedbrew View Post
        check out weldingweb.com...but pleasssse use the search before posting. they can be rough.

Rough is putting mildly - some of those guys like raw meat!

Comment

Be careful of that guy Bob on there. I hear he's an SOB.

Comment

Working...
          X