Academy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
    I take a quick picture of the price tag on shelf now. Simple to do and comes in handy about 1 in 3 checkouts. Same with other stores when I think I find a good deal.

Nope - been like this way before things got crazy.

And they're not accurate either.

I bought a Penn rod/reel combo. Reel alone in display case was $149 Combo said $159 but scanner said $199. Employee scanned it for me at gun counter and it came up $199. I went to checkout and it rang up $159. LOL

I bet its worse now. I have only experienced things ringing up cheaper. which im not going to complain about.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
      If you can find one that works.
      This!

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
        Im sure they are just like everyone else. Prices are changing faster than any of us have time to get staff to manually update bin location tags.

updating price lists is easy. Manually doing tags is a whole different headache.
        Exactly this.

Here's how it worked when I was a manager at Academy, although this was several years ago. Corporate buyer and inventory types change the prices electronically and send an email with the price changes to each store's inventory control people. The inventory folks (assuming they're scheduled or the positions aren't vacant or whatever) then have the job of going around and fixing the tags. Usually there's a couple of days between the email and the official price change.

Sometimes the store managers also would take care of or delegate this task, but usually it was inventory.

If you're there before noon, you'll see employees working on that kind of stuff. If you're there in the evening, those folks tend to be customer service types, and the primary evening jobs are helping customers and putting the store back in order after the day. Those folks "standing around," tags aren't their job.

You're a little right, it is the store's responsibility to make sure that the tags match the prices. But you're wrong to assume it's simple.

Comment

It's retail. They deal with people who think their **** don't stink all day every day, and they don't make squat for doing it.

Basically they have no incentive to keep up with anything. And as frustrating as it is for the customer, I don't blame. I'd rather live in a box under an overpass than work retail.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
            It's retail. They deal with people who think their **** don't stink all day every day, and they don't make squat for doing it.

Basically they have no incentive to keep up with anything. And as frustrating as it is for the customer, I don't blame. I'd rather live in a box under an overpass than work retail.
            And there lies the problem. People would rather live in a box under an overpass and survive on the income of others rather than work to provide for themselves and their families.

The incentive is called a paycheck.

Comment

Had not been in an Academy store in 4 or 5 months. The last two days I have gone for different items.......zero issues! I better not geaux for another 4 or 5 months......lol!

Comment

There is absolutely zero excuse for the item to ring up different from the price. To me, the price changer was in the top 5 positions of the store, very, very important.
                When I ran Kroger stores and the one HEB, first thing I would do after taking over a store is have a store wide shelf tag survey where any item that didn't match the shelf price was pulled. (Just one item per error). I did this at midnight, closing the store, and had plenty of people assist. Once the item was investigated and corrected, it was checked off.
                There are many reasons I did this. 1. Customer satisfaction and confidence. 2. Inventory control. 3. It showed my employees I was serious about our price integrity.

I also had in place where if an item was in error, either way, it was given to the customer free and my price changer was tasked with investigating and correcting the error the next morning. My price changer usually worked 4 am to noon so they wouldn't have to worry about customer service, just change prices. I would also do periodic mini-audits to make sure prices were right.

Store managers that allow more than the very occasional pricing error are lazy.

Comment

Switch boxes

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

You ever pay attention at an Academy to see who's working and who's not. Everytime I go there are 2:1 ratio of avoiding work vs working. Most are poorly managed.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
                      That is called good customer service!
                      I call having listed prices lower than charged prices deceptive trade practice. :-). I guess it is all perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post
                        You ever pay attention at an Academy to see who's working and who's not. Everytime I go there are 2:1 ratio of avoiding work vs working. Most are poorly managed.
                        I like Academy, but I agree. Seems like there’s always 5-10 “managers” standing around, accomplishing nothing, and not enough foljs working registers and helping customers. Too many chiefs, not enough indians....

Comment

Originally posted by Mule Skinner View Post
                          And there lies the problem. People would rather live in a box under an overpass and survive on the income of others rather than work to provide for themselves and their families.

The incentive is called a paycheck.
                          I’ve worked retail. They call it “retail hell” for a reason. And living in a box under a freeway isn’t being supported by the income of anyone.

Anyway, my point was simply to underscore how bad working retail sucks.

Comment

That store in college station sucks. You will be lucky to find the price even listed on the shelf.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                              And, manually changing the tags should not be a problem for the 4-6 people standing around talking about last nights party or yesterday's classes or that weird lady wanting to buy hunting stuff.

Not changing the tags but changing the register to a higher price is called false advertising and it is illegal.
                              Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post
                              Originally posted by Abctx View Post
                              I like Academy, but I agree. Seems like there’s always 5-10 “managers” standing around, accomplishing nothing, and not enough foljs working registers and helping customers. Too many chiefs, not enough indians....
                              This has been going on for years.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                                That store in college station sucks. You will be lucky to find the price even listed on the shelf.
                                So there's never any price discrepancy

Comment

Working...
                                X