Snake id

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snake id

I think this is a cotton mouth. I've never seen one that wasn't 3 days dead or up close.

Bull snake?

Comment

I don't know. It was a pretty good size. Compare it to the tire tracks it's on.

Comment

I'm gonna say no, tail doesn't look stubby enough.

Comment

Looks like a cottonmouth to me. The triangle head is a dead give away.

Comment

Looks like a broad banded water snake.

Comment

That's one of the water snakes. I'm not sure which one, but that's what it is.

Comment

I thought a bull snake had more shine to the scales. This one had no shine at all.

Comment

I agree some species of water snake , stinky and carries an attitude

Comment

Originally posted by El Viejo View Post
                    That's one of the water snakes. I'm not sure which one, but that's what it is.
                    Agreed. Photo quality isn't quite good enough to figure out which one.

Comment

Originally posted by snappertapper View Post
                      Agreed. Photo quality isn't quite good enough to figure out which one.

Yea it was getting dark and the phone zoom kinda messed up the picture. Took it out of my window.

Comment

Originally posted by Bazo View Post
                        Yea it was getting dark and the phone zoom kinda messed up the picture. Took it out of my window.
                        You couldn't get out and get a closer picture?

Comment

Originally posted by dope hunter View Post
                          Looks like a broad banded water snake.
                          Agree, it does look like some form of water snake. Prolly not a moccasin, but I'd still kill it. The water snake mimics cotton mouths...hatem.

Comment

That is not a cottonmouth, just a water snake of some kind.

Comment

Yellow Bellied Water Snake looks like. Not a Water Moccasin. Bullsnakes are brown and have a visible square shaped pattern down their back and turn to black bands towards the tail.

Comment

Working...
                              X