Tall cattle panel blinds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tall cattle panel blinds

Jerp's post about trad friendly pop-up thread got me thinking again about the cattle panel design I was going to use this year for a couple trad friendly blinds I need to build.

There are a lot of different cattle panel blind designs:

round hut/dome roof
    hay bale
    square/round roof
    half tube

Just curious what you guys with the long bows have found successful and which one's didn't work. Post up pics if you have em.

fallowing

Comment

I use one 16' panel to make this blind.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438181545.489864.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	24394677

Bisch

Comment

1 16 ft panel wow

Comment

Do you mind sharing how you did it and maybe taking a picture or two of the inside? That thing looks great.

Comment

Bisch...what kind of material wrap is that?

Thanks

Comment

One 16 foot panel to make this blind as well. It is wrapped in the shape of a 'U' on top of a platform, secured onto two 2x4s. My 'paint' drawing is an aerial view of how it sits. On the top of the cattle panel, on the open end, is another 2x4 wired in place to make the panel hold its shape. We used two 1/2" PVC pipes to make the roof arcs. Wrapped the panel in 4mm plastic sheeting and used the tarp from a tailgating-tent as the roof. Tarp and roof zip tied on. The roof tarp hangs over the back. A longbow could easily shoot out of this blind
              Attached Files

Comment

I will post some detail as to how I build these when I get home where I have access to a computer. To long to do on the phone.

The material on the outside is AstroTurf, or plastic grass carpet from Home Depot. It comes in 6ft width and works great. The carpet on the side of the blind in the pic above has been on there and in the woods for about 7yrs. The roof carpet is new and was installed last summer.

Bisch

Comment

This is good stuff... keep it coming. Look forward to more details on your blind Jerry. I don't think I had seen it till now.

Comment

I did find a couple more pics on my phone. First is the door. I welded a frame out of angle iron. The door itself is another piece of cattle panel with the carpet on it.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438188958.998530.jpg
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	24394695

Bisch

Comment

Next is a pic of the framing for the room. It is made out o 1/2" PVC. The 2 hoops around it really make I support the plastic and carpet well.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438189071.747622.jpg
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	24394696

Bisch

Comment

Here is a pic of the roof from inside the blind, with he plastic and carpet installed.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438189174.158684.jpg
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	24394697

Bisch

Comment

And here is one of he windows from inside the blind.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438189254.625338.jpg
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	24394698

The last time I built one of these, it was right around $200 for all the materials. I would guess I is probably closer to $300 now?

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                            I did find a couple more pics on my phone. First is the door. I welded a frame out of angle iron. The door itself is another piece of cattle panel with the carpet on it.

[ATTACH]730184[/ATTACH]

Bisch
                            Is that the standard height 50" (4ft) cattle panel?

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                              Is that the standard height 50" (4ft) cattle panel?
                              Mine are 54", so 4 1/2' high. If I build another one I will try to find a 60" panel and use that.

Bisch

Comment

Working...
                              X