Note to self!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Note to self!!!

Always check your drag on your reels before fishing. Somewhere on the neches ship channel is a big fish pulling a popping cork around!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Yes sir, I couldn't agree more! Had it happen a couple times with some stud cats on Lake Livingston.

Comment

Sometimes, that aint enough....some where on Lake Livingston is a big ole gar (I'm suspecting it's a gar) than broke some pretty heavy braided line this weekend and is running around with a top notch Whisker Seeker rig in his mouth.

Comment

Luckily this was just a cheap pooping cork. Cut my night short...oh well!

Comment

Just went back out. My popping cork was washed up in the rocks about 50 yards away. No fish on the other end. Least I got my cork!

Comment

I can guarantee you ...theres more than one fish doing that.

Comment

I can’t remember the last time I had a fish break my line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                I can’t remember the last time I had a fish break my line.

Me either... leader, yes but not broken, cut by teeffuses... don't think I've had a break off since I started using Spider-Wire... bent a spool on an ambassaduer tho. and an old Quantum...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                  Me either... leader, yes but not broken, cut by teeffuses... don't think I've had a break off since I started using Spider-Wire... bent a spool on an ambassaduer tho. and an old Quantum...

Line getting cut by a Spanish mackerel count?

Curt must have hooked on to the boat beside him to break braid.

Comment

We used to fish on the jetties there and at Port A all night long, we used slip corks and set the depth with a small piece of rubberband and another to secure a tiny cyalume to the cork so we could see it. When the current was ripping you'd have to set the depth to compensate. Once you had one break off you could just sit back and relax. When the school of bullreds came back you could see em coming from that cork workin it's way down the jetty and it was fish on!!!

Comment

Got spooled one morning down by bird island corpus area, never slowed that fish down and had to hang on the rod so I couldn't get to the anchor fast enough....I don't even think that fish knew it was hooked.

Comment

Working...
                      X