South texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South texas

For those in south texas are you seeing many mature deer 5 years old and up? Seems we are seeing an explosion of 1 to 3 but not as many 4 and up. I know these age groups went through some rough times but I am wondering if anybody else has the same situation I know our pasture has plenty to eat and no frost again this year may have kept them in the brush.

We saw one mature buck this weekend in Zavala County. I think we lost a lot of fawns during the drought.

Comment

It would be the 4 5 and 6 year olds correct?

Comment

2020 should be an awesome season. We got twins everywhere!

BP

Comment

Yup. Seeing a lot of triplets too.

Comment

2-3 yro everywhere this year on our lease.

Comment

The deer are finally making a comeback in Encinal after the harsh drought about 5-6 years back. We now have a few mature looking bucks, and several we plan to cull in the upcoming last few weeks of the season. Lots and lots of young bucks

Comment

Its a combinations of the green brush, warm weather, and the droughts. We haven't seen mature bucks very often this season.

Comment

Originally posted by dustinztx View Post
                  2-3 yro everywhere this year on our lease.
                  x2 same

Comment

At out our place in Mills county mature bucks, 4.5 or older, really began showing up the last couple of weeks. Been seeing a ton of immature bucks. From my experience . the colder it is the better chance of seeing mature bucks outside of the rut. No doubt the drought of 2011 had a negative effect of that age class deer. the fawn survival rate for our area, according to the state, was around 40% if I remember correctly.

Comment

Working...
                    X