• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chaparral

Ok guys. How is the hunt going?

Nothing as of when we hit the check station this evening
    Maybe tomorrow is the day for someone

Comment

Me and my son got drawn for the end of the month for a youth hunt. He is excited beyond belief. How is the hunting there? As much info as you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

We're y'all drawn on the youth management hunt Jan 28-29. My kids also got drawn. We also have a friend and his kid going also. We will be camping in the RV lot. We have been down there many times. PM me your e mail and I can answer most of your questions.

Comment

A friend of mine and his son will be there for that hunt as well. I was drawn for the gun deer either sex hunt that is from Jan 16-20. Hunted there last year with my daughter on a either sex hunt the week after xmas. Did not kill anything but did see some good bucks. Had a great time!

Comment

Good luck on your hunt. I have 24 BP's and still can't get drawn down there. How many BP's did you have.

Comment

Saw a monster this morning at 45 yards, didn't give me a shot. Maybe this evening.
              Other than that it's been kind of slow, a few small bucks and a few doe.

Comment

Me and my son have been applying for three years and this is the first hunt we have been drawn for. We apply in every category, pretty much.

Comment

Originally posted by Sideler View Post
                  Saw a monster this morning at 45 yards, didn't give me a shot. Maybe this evening.
                  What do you consider a monster and a small buck? Not trying to be smart just trying to get a feel for what we might see. I do not want a 110 inch deer to walk out and pop it if there is a good chance we will see better.

Comment

Originally posted by Sideler View Post
                    Sideler
                    What pasture are you in?

Comment

I had 12 preference points and was drawn this year.

Comment

Meathunter. If y'all were drawn on the youth management hunt it is doe and spike only. If your on the either sex hunt they have guidelines on size of bucks and a 110 would not make the cut unless he was old.
                        Fixedblade. Maybe one day I will get lucky and get drawn on the either sex hunt.

Comment

The buck I saw and didn't get a shot at would have been in the 160s. My friend shot a 4.5 yr. old 110" 6pt.

Comment

Well we got blanked, we all had opportunities but just couldn't make it happen. The weather and moon made it a difficult hunt especially the last few days. Some good deer were seen by most but I think the biggest taken was a 126" 9. Pretty slow for the chapp in January.

The youth management hunts y'all are speaking of are 7 pnts or less 12" inside spread. There is a seperate hunt for doe and spike but they will be part of the hunt as well.

Comment

What are the chances of seeing a spike, doe, javelina?

Comment

Working...
                              X