Compound Conversion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compound Conversion?

I've got an old compound bow, it was my first compound, a Jenings Carbon Extreme. I can't shoot it and it's too old to sell or pawn so I was thinking about converting it to a recurve bow. Does anyone around here do this type of conversion?
    Can a set of limbs be built to just bolt into the limb pockets or would some modifications be needed for the riser to accept the limbs?

It depends on the riser. I don't know much about warfing a bow, but it is quite common. Contact Rick Barbee on here, he has a lot of experience with that, and if he can't answer your question, he can probably point you in the right direction.

Bisch

Comment

Thanks Bisch.

Comment

depends on limb pocket angle

Comment

From what I've read you could warf that riser but it may not be the most ideal candidate for the conversion. The pad angle is a little shallow (14 degrees) so that would pre-load the limbs significantly, not a bad thing if you have a shorter draw length but it would make the bow stack like crazy if you had more than a 28" draw. Also, the riser is a reflex design and would be less forgiving of torque induced by the shooter. I don't think either of these reasons would stop me from jumping into the project because I like to tinker and like you said, it's too old to sell or pawn so why not learn something new in the process!

Comment

Look up Hiram aka Sam Dunham on leather wall he's the best

Comment

Working...
            X