Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting Deer to drop antlers on your property.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting Deer to drop antlers on your property.

So I live on 5 acres in Comal county. Unfortunately you can't hunt deer on less then 10 acres in Comal county. So that being said we are loaded up with deer. I was wondering what the tricks are to get them to drop their antlers. I have have see people put stakes in the ground and put basketball nets on them. I know they are going to drop them until the spring but I am seeing a lot of nice racks lately.

Thoughts?

Hog panels and corn

Comment

Corn to drawn them in and then netting wire or bungee cords strung between stakes.

Comment

You can bow hunt on less then 10 acres. Shed bucket

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGjW0LG9bwg"]Homemade Bucket Shed Trap ! - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Shed trap....heavily corn on the inside of the Vs...

Comment

I like that! ^

Originally posted by Texas Tracker View Post
            You can bow hunt on less then 10 acres. Shed bucket

Homemade Bucket Shed Trap ! - YouTube

Comment

I don't think I can hunt here in Comal county

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryNerd View Post
                I don't think I can hunt here in Comal county

http://www.co.comal.tx.us/Public_Not...ubdivision.pdf
                Well that sucks. I am glade I live in Hays co.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Tracker View Post
                  Well that sucks. I am glade I live in Hays co.
                  Well you if are in Hays Co then you are my neighbor... Let me know if you need some of those pesky deer thinned out. I will grab my bow and some beers for you and head over.

Comment

You 100% sure your property meet the subdivision bar in Section 1?

Comment

Has anyone here actually tried the shed traps and had success?

Comment

yea I live pretty much in the top of the JP#2 block of 281 and Casey Rd

Comment

Some places in Bulverde there are hogs but where I am it's just trash panada's and deer all over the place

Comment

DO NOT USE SHED TRAPS WITH WIRE. !!!!!

The buck’s antler can become trapped in the fencing before it’s ready to “fall” off. If a buck gets his antler trapped and he ends up ripping parts of his pedical out by fighting the fence, he can have deformed antlers for the rest of his life or worse yet, if he rips out too much, he can bleed to death.

The ONLY ways to SAFELY do this is to drive one t post into the ground and pour corn an the base. The slight “bumping” will encourage the antler to fall off but does not “trap” the antler. Or use bungee cords to press on the horns but not “trap” them.

DO NOT USE AN ANTLER TRAP WITH WIRE. !!!!
                            Last edited by UltraMax; 12-05-2018, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by UltraMax View Post
                              DO NOT USE SHED TRAPS WITH WIRE. !!!!!

The buck’s antler can become trapped in the fencing before it’s ready to “fall” off. If a buck gets his antler trapped and he ends up ripping parts of his pedical out by fighting the fence, he can have deformed antlers for the rest of his life or worse yet, if he rips out too much, he can bleed to death.

The ONLY ways to SAFELY do this is to drive one t post into the ground and pour corn an the base. The slight “bumping” will encourage the antler to fall off but does not “trap” the antler. Or use bungee cords to press on the horns but not “trap” them.

DO NOT USE AN ANTLER TRAP WITH WIRE. !!!!
                              Just gotta make sure to put it out at right time of year based on your location

Comment

Working...
                              X