Headed to court

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headed to court

Just moved into our new house Oct 1st. Had the neighbor come over and mention our dog had been barking while he was watching the astros game and it was disrupting his tv time... I told him sorry for the trouble and we would find a solution.. Trying to get into a routine with the dog while my wife and I work during the day, I bought a no bark collar and a camera to watch the backyard to see exactly what the problem was.

Well it seemed to work, I finally took the collar off the dog after a week due to her having panic attacks when putting it on in the mornings..she hated that thing. So fast forward to today, animal control shows up at the house to get my information. They say the neighbor has been sending in videos of the dog barking at the fence. Doing what a dog is supposed to do.. guarding the back yard. So now we have a court date...

Anybody ever delt with this same situation. Hate to do it, but its either crate the dog inside the house, or back to the shock collar.

Found a picture of the neighbor standing over by the fence videoing the dog, shows the distance between the two houses and the dilemma
    Attached Files

Maybe the neighbor is provoking the dog to bark.

Comment

A barking dog is a nuisance. We keep ours crated inside during the day. Good luck to you.

Comment

Man, I hate that for you, but nobody likes to listen to a barking dog. If the bark collar works, then use it. The fact that your dog hates it is irrelevant. I wouldn't have done what your neighbor did, he sounds like an arsehole, but I would expect you to do something to remedy the problem.

Comment

Dogs bark. There’s a lot more space between the houses in my neighborhood and I hear dogs barking just about every time I’m outside. Seems like a real ****** move by your neighbor. Disrupting TV time, what is he, 6? Sounds like something my first grader would say.

What are they going to do? Fine you or take your dog away?

Comment

good grief. I don't even hear the dogs, birds, squirrels, etc. Some people just need to be punched in the throat and kicked in the bag.

Comment

I hate barking dogs as most people do. You will not win this in court. JMO

Comment

Maybe it's barking because he's peaking over the fence like Wilson from Home Improvement. If he takes his *** back inside instead of videoing your dog he might be surprised how much that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                  Man, I hate that for you, but nobody likes to listen to a barking dog. If the bark collar works, then use it. The fact that your dog hates it is irrelevant. I wouldn't have done what your neighbor did, he sounds like an arsehole, but I would expect you to do something to remedy the problem.
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Headed to court

Print the photo of him and the dog looking at him barking and tell the judge he was provoking the dog to bark should make it go away at least this time.

If your profile location is accurate then this is the municipal ordinance they are citing which mentions a warning by animal control prior to issuing a citation did they warn you first?

See below

Sec. 14-7. - Unreasonable noise.
                    (a) Under this chapter it shall be unlawful for any person to intentionally or knowingly own or possess an animal that causes unreasonable noise in a public place or in or near a private residence the person has no right to occupy.

(b) In any prosecution authorized by this section, where proof is presented that the person was warned concerning the noise more than 24 hours preceding the offense by an animal control officer or police department, such person shall be presumed to have intentionally and knowingly committed the offense.
                    (Code 1967, § 5-6; Ord. No. 2566, § 2, 10-26-78)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    Last edited by TxKronik; 12-01-2018, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                      I hate barking dogs as most people do. You will not win this in court. JMO
                      X2. I hate it even when my dogs bark. You gotta fix the problem yourself.

Based off of that picture, your neighbor can’t even be in his backyard without your dog barking at him.

Comment

Sorry, but I am on your neighbors side on this one. I would not tolerate a dog barking all the time.

Comment

Yea I think he plays a part provoking the dog, but I do agree nobody likes the hear a barking dog constantly either. That's when I turned to the camera....Shes goes outside barks 45-60 secs at god know what...then back into the house for several hours.

I think its only a fine but hoping for a warning.. Talking with AC they said they can not legally take your dogs unless you surrender them. Hoping I can figure out a remedy for the problem, with out paying some hefty fines

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
                            X2. I hate it even when my dogs bark. You gotta fix the problem yourself.

Based off of that picture, your neighbor can’t even be in his backyard without your dog barking at him.
                            I don't think so Tim. From the picture I'd say the neighbor can't peak over the fence without getting barked at.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasRough1256 View Post
                              Just moved into our new house Oct 1st. Had the neighbor come over and mention our dog had been barking while he was watching the astros game and it was disrupting his tv time... I told him sorry for the trouble and we would find a solution.. Trying to get into a routine with the dog while my wife and I work during the day, I bought a no bark collar and a camera to watch the backyard to see exactly what the problem was.

Well it seemed to work, I finally took the collar off the dog after a week due to her having panic attacks when putting it on in the mornings..she hated that thing. So fast forward to today, animal control shows up at the house to get my information. They say the neighbor has been sending in videos of the dog barking at the fence. Doing what a dog is supposed to do.. guarding the back yard. So now we have a court date...

Anybody ever delt with this same situation. Hate to do it, but its either crate the dog inside the house, or back to the shock collar.

Found a picture of the neighbor standing over by the fence videoing the dog, shows the distance between the two houses and the dilemma
                              Of course she hated the bark collar because it punished her when she barked. That is NOT what a dog is supposed to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X