long commute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

long commute

Who else has a long behinded commute EVERY morning. its a little better for me when school is out.

I spent just over 50 minutes in my truck this morning trying to get to work.

probably will spend over a 1/3 of a tank of gas today...

my commute is 45 min. but I only have to go to work every third day and I leave so early that the traffic isn't to bad.

Comment

Mine is about 300mi but I only make it 2 times a month.

Comment

86 miles one way. got a Kindle last week and downloaded an audio book to listen to until I get within radio range. typical drive time is 3:30 - 5 am and 3:30 - 5 pm. 30 mpg in a Nissan Versa.

Comment

I have an 80 mile round trip to work, takes about 45 minutes to an hour to get to work from the house. I was driving a tahoe and spending $400 a month in gas. I love my job, so I had to make the sacrifice and get rid of the hunting vehicle for something WAY better on gas to make a living and pay rent.

Comment

Takes me 1 hr minimum sometimes 1 hr 15 minutes. 2 tanks of diesel a week. About $850 a month right now. Not complaining though. It's my choice. Back when diesel went crazy high I was at $1400 a month.

Comment

I have a 150 mile round trip five days a week. Starting Monday it will be a 180 mile round trip for the next 3 months. Traffic is a lot lighter when school is out.

Comment

i don't know how you guys do it. my commute is about 4 miles.

Comment

Originally posted by LWArchery View Post
                  I have a 150 mile round trip five days a week. Starting Monday it will be a 180 mile round trip for the next 3 months. Traffic is a lot lighter when school is out.
                  you would save a lot of money if you got a pilots license and bought a cessna 150 for your commute

Comment

Up until a few weeks ago, I was driving 40 miles each way to work. I have been doing that since 2002. Some days it really stunk, but having XM radio sure helps out a lot.

It would take me an hour without traffic to make it to work (assuming I drive the speed limit).

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                      you would save a lot of money if you got a pilots license and bought a cessna 150 for your commute
                      I have thought about it.

Comment

Originally posted by LWArchery View Post
                        I have thought about it.
                        It's cheap and no more getting stuck behind idiots.
                        I am a fireman and only work every third day. My wife is an occupational therapist and gets job offers almost daily. I told her to take any job she wants that is with in 2 hours flying time from Georgetown(airport I would use to get to work) Well she likes where she is right now so no flying commute for me just yet. But it sure would be fun

Comment

50 miles a day for me, good thing I have a company vehicle and gas card. Still sucks wasting 2 hrs+ each day on commuting.

Comment

1-1/2 hours 1 way. Friendswood to Port Arthur. 93 miles from my driveway to the gate. When i am not assigned to one project it gets really easy to rack up several hundred miles in one day. Like when I have to go to Baton Rouge n back in one day. Or Corpus Cristi. If im makin less than 200 miles a day Im a happy camper. I bought this 08 Dodge the last day of January in 08. Right now i have 179,893 miles on it.
                            Last edited by JW; 09-06-2011, 08:32 AM.

Comment

It may simply be the price you pay for the luxury of living in the country away from the Big City, which is the ONLY reason we decided to wait to buy some small acreage until after we retire - for decades, both our jobs were in Dallas.

Now, I work full time "virtually", from a home office, which means I can work anywhere I can get an internet connection. When my husband retires in March 2012, we will start our search for house/land in earnest (I will work 2 more years after he retires).

Comment

Working...
                              X