This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas A&M leaving Big 12

Its quasi-official and I know that we got our walking papers today.

While as an ag I am really excited about what the future may hold, I still cannot wrap my head around not playing tech or Baylor. I liked the Battle of the Brazos. Since Bonfire fell I never really disliked UT as much since the UT band played out Fight Song during the Bonfire Game. I thought it was one of the coolest gestures. My generation hated tech especially since you all had our number for quite a few years, especially in Lubbock.

I am not really worried about the Texas game though. We will still have T-Day. It is too important to the state to not have it. When Texas and the lot join the soon to be PAC 16 it is just too important of a game to have an SEC vs PAC 16 game on Thanksgiving. We are talking about 60% of the TVs in the country will be glued to the screen. If not that then the legislation being put in to make it law may do it. I know there are alot of haters but wish us luck, we will need it and hopefully we will represent Texas well.
    Last edited by Wulver; 08-29-2011, 11:33 PM.

Not an aggie, but hope nothing but the best for em. Anxious to see what'll b next

girls love me, parents fear me

Comment

I wish them the best,

Comment

It's gonna be a long road. The SEC is a power house. Good luck

Comment

It's gonna be a long road. The SEC is a power house. Good luck
          Hopefully it will be a case where "iron sharpens iron".

Comment

Grew up in SEC - Ags and their fans will love the move. May be a little rocky at first, buut they made best long term move

Comment

Lots of travel to most games.. I am sure that the powers that be have thought about this. Lots of quality competition ..hope they prosper.

Comment

It will be a great move and fit. I think it will be a win-win. More tv exposure for SEC, TX is a big football market. More tv exposure and money for A&M, this will help with recruiting. I think A&M will be middle of the pack for a while, but after a few years experience they can compete well.
                SEC is smashmouth football and attrition takes its tole week after week, lots of great teams, and the bottom feeders arent bad.

Comment

SEC is a domination division, if a&m don't change something they will always be on the lower end of the totem pole.

Roll Tide Roll!!!!

Comment

T Day tradition is over. DeLoss will make sure that happens and get Notre Dame or another opponent. Adios....

Comment

Gig 'Em!

Comment

. Give'em H E double L Aggie's...
                        Last edited by Chad C; 08-30-2011, 06:51 AM.

Comment

I dont understand all this. I thought the SEC told them no??

Comment

Originally posted by Hornfan View Post
                            T Day tradition is over. DeLoss will make sure that happens and get Notre Dame or another opponent. Adios....

Comment

Originally posted by mhbaseball View Post
                              I dont understand all this. I thought the SEC told them no??
                              That was just posturing so that the SEC didnt look like the bad guy who broke up a conference. They wanted A&M to cast the first stone...
                              Last edited by Concho Man; 08-30-2011, 06:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X