I am finally in the club!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am finally in the club!!!!!!

I finally did it, after years of practice I finally killed a deer with my bow. I started shooting a re-curve in 6th grade and moved on to a compound sometime in high school. I have shot bows off and on since then but never got serious until a few years ago. I started practicing a couple of times a week and got to the point where I was confident I could make a kill shot given the opportunity. But I just did nit have the right opportunity to take a deer with my bow until this year. I set up a pop up and committed to getting it done. A couple of weeks ago I went out and shot over a does back and got really discouraged. But after reading a lot of posts on TBH about people having the same experience I knew I would not give up. So,,,,,,,, this weekend we went out and got rained out Saturday morning but it cleared out nicely for the afternoon hunt. After about two hours of waiting two does and a button buck came to the feeder. We watched them eat for about 15 minutes to see if any other deer would come in to feed. The 3 deer looked like they where about to leave and I decided that it was time to let the arrow fly. She was on the back side of the feeder about twenty five yards out and I took aim. With the missed shot from two weeks ago playing over and over in my head, I asked God to help me calm down. At that point everything went into slow motion and I could see nothing but my peep the green pin and the sweet spot on the side of the doe. I took a deep breath and pulled the trigger on my release. It seamed like the arrow took for ever to get there. I saw the arrow disappear into her side and come out the other side and lodge into the ground. It was such a relief, it felt like nothing mattered at that moment. I watched her run about thirty yards and then look back, then she just walked about another forty yards and laid down.

Thank you to all of my friends who encouraged me and also thank you to all of the TBH'ers that talked about their misses. With out that I am not sure this day would have ever come.

All I can say now is watch out deer there is an arrow in my quiver with your name on it...
    Attached Files

Congrats!

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

Way to go!

Comment

Nice! Congrats!!!

Comment

Way to stick with it! I just got my first last weekend too. It feels great. Congrats

Comment

Awesome! Congrats on your first bow kill

Comment

Congratulations!!!

Comment

congrats

Comment

Congrats! Most of us have been there at is stressful yet glorious when you release that arrow.

Comment

Congrats! Is that a bear strike?

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTom View Post
                          Congrats! Is that a bear strike?
                          Yes it is, I love it. Super fast and very little noise.

Comment

That's what I thought. I got one, too. I'm very pleased with it. Congrats again.

Comment

Gidder Dunn ! Good Job! I would tell you about all of my misses over the years but I am afraid the TBH Servers would run out of disk space !

Comment

Working...
                              X