Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My youngest plays 9u Texas Gunners out of Liberty Hill

Comment

Mother Nature won the championship today.

This photo from today’s game looks like the Aaron Judge - Jose Aluve photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
        The HP team is very good as well. Sean is the coach and he gives my son hitting lessons when I can get him over there for a lesson. I played ball with a lot of those coaches back in the day very good organization.
        They are really good. We played them last weekend in pool play and lost by 2, but they certainly had the arms to lock us down sooner if they had wanted to. There are some huge kids on that team. Where are they located?

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
          Mother Nature won the championship today.

This photo from today’s game looks like the Aaron Judge - Jose Aluve photo.

[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180521/bf5efa81db73b3ba9969f1d1a7ae3a82.jpg[
          That's funny! What age group is that? My son plays for the same organization as the little kid.

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
            That's funny! What age group is that? My son plays for the same organization as the little kid.

Yeah. Even their coach was laughing. This is 11u.

Comment

boys had issues with playing their first game late saturday night in UA tourney at bbusa and gave up a win they shouldnt have... then came back and beat 24K and looked amazing. got home at 11...
              the loss had us back at fields at 7am for 7:45 game
              boys were not happy.. and took it out on a very sound bbusa Mizuno team...then we went home for a few hours as next game wasnt till 3pm..
              and then took it to the number 1 seed, texas revolution..
              We were waiting for their chance to beat up on Texas Mizuno so we could meet the legendary Traction Canes in the final but a storm hit...and after a couple hours of lightning ever 10 minutes and torrential rain cleaning the dugouts.. the umps called the tourney.. ended up with a point system 3rd.

bonus was i had to park way up front Sunday afternoon when we came back...but i was NOT complaining about it when we left out during the rainout.. that place is a mess when everyone tries to leave at once..during a storm..

Headed to corpus/portland this weekend for another AAA tourney..then we go to Garner...then we play another BBUSA tourney (I think)..then on to gulf shores...
              Last edited by systemnt; 05-21-2018, 05:33 AM.

Comment

The boys got it done this weekend in Beaumont. We played about as flat as we could both Saturday and Sunday morning. In the Semi-Finals and Finals, I'm not sure what happened, but they decided it was time to get it done. Very proud of these kiddos and their hard work. Beat a really good Ballistic team from Lake Charles for the championship!!
                Attached Files

Comment

Sons team just finished the regular little league season out with a 11-2 1st place title.

Select is now strarting to get hot and heavy as we roll into summer.

What age is the right age to do select? 7U? 8U?

We had him in a 6 but I dont want to burn him out although he is showing no signs.

Comment

Originally posted by jhbailey86 View Post
                    Sons team just finished the regular little league season out with a 11-2 1st place title.

Select is now strarting to get hot and heavy as we roll into summer.

What age is the right age to do select? 7U? 8U?

We had him in a 6 but I dont want to burn him out although he is showing no signs.
                    Great season!

All depends on your Kid and a team in my opinion.

We got started in Select when he turned 10 and rec ball just wasn't giving him any competition. He was a little behind technically, but worked his butt off and has made huge strides. The skill level has increased like crazy.

I wish now that we would have found a good group of kiddos to stick with, and started around 7-8 yrs old.

Comment

Team had a good game Saturday, and a bad game. Jax pitched great in both games. Finishing off the first game, and making it so they had a chance at the end of the second game by getting the final 4 outs during time. At the plate He was great as well finding gaps finally. 5-5 on the weekend. Last game ended rough though with him getting struck off the foot going from second to third. He hated that he let that happen. He had taken off and got tipped on his heel trying to avoid it. He had just hit a 2 run single to pull them within a few runs. Stole second and was on his way to 3rd.

We were excited to play Sunday, but didnt get a shot with the rain starting at 815. Didnt stop until around Noon.

Comment

We lost in the semis to a team we beat Saturday. Our bats just didn't show up yesterday, we won the 1st 2 games with pitching and defense.

The 10s are off for 2 weeks but we will be in McKinney next weekend with the 7s.

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
                          They are really good. We played them last weekend in pool play and lost by 2, but they certainly had the arms to lock us down sooner if they had wanted to. There are some huge kids on that team. Where are they located?
                          They are in Cypress off 290 and Hwy 6 believe it or not they where a better team last year, but are still strong.

Comment

Well got kids schedule so he will be non stop for a little while. I’m gonna try to goto Atlanta but if not he is good at Uber
                            Attached Files

Comment

We are headed to Oklahoma City this coming weekend. Should be interesting

Comment

In corpus now 2-0 for the day in deep south state utrip tourney (now at the beach)

Comment

Working...
                                X