Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No fly list FBI Watch list Gun Purchases?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pandora's box is opening

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
      Pandora's box is opening
      Great analogy!

Comment

Originally posted by stykshooter View Post
        I can't believe that anyone on the no fly list can buy a gun. I've seen & listened all day, according to FBI as long as they (no fly list) haven't committed a crime it's legal. FBI has a list of 291 people on the no fly list that have purchased weapons,.......unbeleiveable !!
        Reminds me of those "security monitor" commercials.

They just monitor the terrorist threats, instead of actually doing anything proactive about them.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by txfireguy2003 View Post
          So tell me how it's okay to make a joke, albeit a ridiculously stupid one, and [with] that, lose a constitutionally protected right. There is no due process associated with the no fly list.
          This is incorrect. There is nothing in the Constitution that gives you a right to travel by airplane. That is exactly how the No-Fly list is allowed to exist. It is also why TSA is allowed to search your stuff without individual probable cause and not violate your 4A rights.

This distinction is important, because it is the basis for the best argument against using things like the No-Fly List to take away constitutional rights, like your 2A right to keep and bear arms.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
            This is incorrect. There is nothing in the Constitution that gives you a right to travel by airplane. That is exactly how the No-Fly list is allowed to exist. It is also why TSA is allowed to search your stuff without individual probable cause and not violate your 4A rights.

This distinction is important, because it is the basis for the best argument against using things like the No-Fly List to take away constitutional rights, like your 2A right to keep and bear arms.
            You misunderstood me, I didn't mean that flying was a right....it certainly is not. What I was saying, possibly in a beer fueled and sleep deprived stupor, is that it is NOT okay to lose your right to purchase a firearm, potentially for life, because you made an I'll advised comment in an airport.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GatorBait View Post
              NRA came out against it. They even said they would need to talk with Trump about his comments, they seemed pretty firm on their stance.
              The NRAs comment below.

"We are happy to meet with Donald Trump. The NRA's position on this issue has not changed. The NRA believes that terrorists should not be allowed to purchase or possess firearms, period. Anyone on a terror watchlist who tries to buy a gun should be thoroughly investigated by the FBI and the sale delayed while the investigation is ongoing. If an investigation uncovers evidence of terrorist activity or involvement, the government should be allowed to immediately go to court, block the sale, and arrest the terrorist," the executive director of the National Rifle Association's Institute for Legislative Action, Chris W. Cox said in the statement Wednesday. "At the same time, due process protections should be put in place that allow law-abiding Americans who are wrongly put on a watchlist to be removed. That has been the position of Sen. John Cornyn (R.-Tex.) and a majority of the U.S. Senate. Sadly, President Obama and his allies would prefer to play politics with this issue."

Comment

What I want to know is if NICS indeed gets pinged if a person is on the no fly list...if NICS back ground system is not tied to the said list, the whole process & comments is null.

You need a deny / delay for any of this to work within the current system.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                  What I want to know is if NICS indeed gets pinged if a person is on the no fly list...if NICS back ground system is not tied to the said list, the whole process & comments is null.

You need a deny / delay for any of this to work within the current system.
                  The answer is clearly YES, which as txfireguy has already pointed out, is scary. It means the government is keeping a registry of who buys what.

"Last year, 244 people on the terror watch list tried to purchase guns; 244 suspected terrorists walked into gun shops and attempted to purchase a firearm; 223 were able to get the firearm. Only 21 went empty-handed," Schumer said. "Ninety-one percent of suspected terrorists, when they sought to purchase a gun, last year were successful, according to Government Accountability Office."

Comment

If you are a citizen of the USA you have a RIGHT granted you through the constitution to keep and bare arms.
                    They can not take this right away from you without due process.

If they decide the constitution is no longer the law of the land, which right is next ?
                    The first? Free speech
                    The 6th? You can't hire a lawyer
                    How about if you are on a list you can't have protection granted you by the 8th ? Nothing like a little cruel or unusual punishment to set things right.

The jack wagon that killed those folks in Florida was a government security contractor.
                    Any thing they can come up with would not have kept him from buying a gun

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                      The NRAs comment below.

"We are happy to meet with Donald Trump. The NRA's position on this issue has not changed. The NRA believes that terrorists should not be allowed to purchase or possess firearms, period. Anyone on a terror watchlist who tries to buy a gun should be thoroughly investigated by the FBI and the sale delayed while the investigation is ongoing. If an investigation uncovers evidence of terrorist activity or involvement, the government should be allowed to immediately go to court, block the sale, and arrest the terrorist," the executive director of the National Rifle Association's Institute for Legislative Action, Chris W. Cox said in the statement Wednesday. "At the same time, due process protections should be put in place that allow law-abiding Americans who are wrongly put on a watchlist to be removed. That has been the position of Sen. John Cornyn (R.-Tex.) and a majority of the U.S. Senate. Sadly, President Obama and his allies would prefer to play politics with this issue."
                      Hmmm. I'm guessing everybody is backing the NRA?

So how long is this FBI delay gonna take....3 days, 3 weeks, 3 months, 3 years.

Sounds like there was a little belly rubbing going on. Not sure by who though.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                        Hmmm. I'm guessing everybody is backing the NRA?

So how long is this FBI delay gonna take....3 days, 3 weeks, 3 months, 3 years.

Sounds like there was a little belly rubbing going on. Not sure by who though.
                        Well, I believe the law, as it is now, is to delay, then if no denial received in 3 days, proceed.....correct?

Final denial between application and 3 days, is a denial.

As far as the statistic on 91 percent of terrorists being able to buy guns....That's false. I'm relatively certain 100 percent got the guns they wanted.....just not at a dealer. Give me 5 minutes and my phone and I can find a place where a terrorist could go to buy a gun within most major metro areas.....cash, off the books, probably no serial numbers, etc.

Last edited by txfireguy2003; 06-16-2016, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Yes...you are correct. After 3 days you can go pick it up.....knowing how slowly the feds move and lack of communication between the agencies, the guy got the gun.

It doesn't appear jihadie john needs to get them off the streets, they have no problem getting them legally.

Comment

Again, because the terror watch list appears to be like the FBI's version Must See TV.

Comment

Working...
                            X