Remington Slugger 12 gauge.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remington Slugger 12 gauge.

Is it safe to shoot these through a full choke or what would y'all recommend shooting these slugs through? I assume since they're lead I could shoot them through a full choke but would it mess with the accuracy?

A full choke is fine but I wouldent run them through a x full or some type of turkey choke. Out of my mossberg 500 I have shot them through modified and full with great accuracy

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
      Is it safe to shoot these through a full choke or what would y'all recommend shooting these slugs through? I assume since they're lead I could shoot them through a full choke but would it mess with the accuracy?
      I was told to shoot slugs out of a open choke/slug barrel only. They group about 3" at 100' with my mossberg 930spx

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks y'all. I have a 12 gauge with a cylinder bore and it's fairly accurate with these slugs but I figured I'd ask about others. I just didn't want to damage the barrel or blow the choke out of my other 12 gauge.

Comment

They shoot great out of a modified.

Comment

You should be fine okrattler. I've been using them many many years. And have run them through lots of different barrles. They are pretty soft for lead. And work very well in accuracy in most smooth bores.

Comment

I actually forgot I had these things and I told my buddy I'd like to go hammer a doe or somethin with my shotgun maybe so I may end up doing that. The time I did shoot them I was using a tree as a back stop and I blew a huge branch off of it so I'd imagine it'd get the job done.

Comment

Working...
              X