Glow Peep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glow Peep

The problem I am having is seeing it to line up my sights. Has any one used a glow peep for night hunting hogs? Does anyone have any other suggestions for better peep sight visability?

Thanks

Two words:
    Kisser button...
    I had the same exact problem.

Comment

Do you have a large enough peep? I don't have the problem because my peep is 1/4" and it encircles my sight housing for sight alignment. I have practiced drawing enough that I hit my anchor point close enough that I can see the peep against the outline of the sight housing, especially when the target is lit by the moon or a bow light.

I'm skeptical to try and put glow on the peep just because at the moment, even my pin lights wash out my target being so bright (they don't have adjustable brightness, which would be nice.) I would be concerned that a light that close to my eye would wash stuff out even worse.

Just my .02 from recently attempting bow hunting at night (have not been doing it for years like most on this thread.)

Comment

1/4 peep and kisser button! That is what i have and it works like a champ! Had a smaller one but wasn't big enough for my spott Hogg(seven deadly pins). Changed to 1/4 and no problem since then.

Comment

I put a little dab of glow paint on the top and bottom of the peep opening (think applied with a tooth pick point) and flash it with a light. Glows just enough to find the opening but not enough to mess up your sights

Comment

I agree, a largeer peep sight, and kisser button.

Comment

Another vote for a kisser button.

Try a Komfort Kiss, kisser button, and forget about the peep at night.

Comment

I use a 3/16 glow peep, used my flash light on it for a min or two at camp and gave me a slight din glow for hours sitting in the blind.
                Attached Files

Comment

Lose the peep kisser button and a nose nock truglo sight housing with a green tritium pin

Comment

I like Brians idea with the dab of glow paint, im gonna have to try that before i go spending my money!

Comment

I run a Glow peep and a kisser. Love it. I think it was about $10 shipped...

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                        I put a little dab of glow paint on the top and bottom of the peep opening (think applied with a tooth pick point) and flash it with a light. Glows just enough to find the opening but not enough to mess up your sights
                        Same here. An adjustable rheostat sight light would help too. You can adjust the pin brightness down so that there's no halo or burning out of the pin.

Comment

Still debating on all this as well.. Really don't want to mess with a kisser button, but not sure how bright that glow peep'll be.

Comment

Glow in the dark puff paint here, got it at hobby lobby

Comment

Originally posted by TEXICAN View Post
                              Glow in the dark puff paint here, got it at hobby lobby
                              Work well for you? How long does it last?

Comment

Working...
                              X