Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coke, Nolan and Mitchell co deer, how are they looking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody have any updates after the opening weekend?? I had a couple new deer but nothing worth mentioning.
    It's very green right now after the rain but the deer seem to be getting more consistent at feeders.

Comment

I have not seen any bucks for about a month now. Nothing is coming to the feeders. No pictures on the game cams. I think the deer all migrated to a nicer place. Hoping that they will show up once the wheat comes up.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Got pictures from the last couple of weeks. Starting to see mature deer at feeders. There were at least two good rains on our place judging by the pictures. I hope that holds up.

Comment

Our place was very green again after looking like death the last time I was out there. We really need some run off rain tho. Over all ground moisture is still really low.

Comment

The past two weeks have been sewing wheat. Hopefully we will see more deer once that sprouts.
              I did see the smallest 8 point that I have ever seen. He might have been as wide as his head with 2" tines. Is that worth anything?

Comment

i'm in coke county... deer are looking good at my place... TONS of does. had some rain lately that has made the food plots come up. everything is green.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
                  The past two weeks have been sewing wheat. Hopefully we will see more deer once that sprouts.
                  I did see the smallest 8 point that I have ever seen. He might have been as wide as his head with 2" tines. Is that worth anything?
                  I got one of our guy's son on a buck like that. Prob the shortest tines I have ever seen on a buck older than yearling. every tine was maybe 1" and he was prob 3.5. Would have been his first deer/buck with a bow. Good shot behind the shoulder complete pass through but maybe 1-2" back. Was with a 3 blade rage. Of course he was excited and the shot looked good. Well we prob went in a little quick because we jumped him at 100 yds after good blood. We never found any blood after he jumped. I knew better but was in a hurry to get back to camp to leave and he was excited to find him. Tough lesson learned for both of us.

Comment

Oh and we killed 2 rattle bugs one at a feeder pen another at camp.

Comment

Anybody got anything new after this weekend?

Comment

Working...
                      X