No announcement yet.

Are all lighted nocks junk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reflective wraps are useless in a video to follow the shot and that's why I like the lighted nocks. They suck for helping find an arrrow in the daylight as well.. Nockturnals help in both daylight and dark.

I have started buying the Nockturnal knockoffs at Ebay so that when I have one fail I have paid $12 for 6 instead of $10 for one.....and I'm not upset over it. That being said I have had great success with them for the most part.

Comment

Yes!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
        Are you talking about the homemade lighted nock thread?
        I had one explode back it 2012 ....Stick with factory made. Nocturnals suck the least, but they have great customer service and will replace the ones that don't live up to standards.

Comment

Yes

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
            I have shot all brands and they all seem to have issues. The most reliable lighted nocks I have shot are the ones I have built myself.
            Same here!

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
              https://thehuntersightstore.com

Glory Nocks are pretty good and found here. 10% off with coupon code 'THS10' and free shipping on orders over 75 dollars
              What does “pretty good” mean? Are they consistently reliable?

Comment

From my limited use they are the best lighted nocks. I haven't tried many brands but so far they have worked well. As in every time and they are bright, but to each their own.
                I would say give them a shot

Comment

They all seem to use the same Thill lighted fishing bobber refills. Just a difference in design on the nock end.
                  Probably the easiest thing to do is like Smart said and get the cheap chinese knock off refills online. According to this thread so far it looks about a 50-50 average.

I will probably just use reflective wraps and be done with it.

Comment

From my limited use they are the best lighted nocks. I haven't tried many brands but so far they have worked well. As in every time and they are bright, but to each their own.
                    i love the way glory nocks work with the button but have 2 major issues with them.

i tried the x nock and they would not fit into my arrows. had to do quite a bit of sanding. it was when they were new so maybe they fixed the sizing now.

other issue i had was every time i shot an animal the nock would break off leaving the battery inside my shaft with no way to remove. also defeated the purpose since they broke at impact.

Comment

Firenocks and Nockturnals have by far been the best I have used.

Very low failure rate on both for me. The Firenock is super bright but expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Do they fit the 4mm carbon injection shafts ?

Comment

never had any issues form nocturnals, 3 years going strong, bought 12 of them and still have 7 of them and they all work, the other 5 I broke while practicing

Comment

I am with Dusty. I use Ignitors all the way. BTW, my biggest complaint with them was they seemed a little dimmer than some others. Solved that problem by drilling a tiny hole in the center of the rear of the clear, flat crossbow nock. They now are brighter than any I have shot. And another thing I like is…. If for some reason the nock falls out, and you shoot the arrow it won’t cut the string like some others will when the unknocked raw shaft contacts the string. Don’t ask my how I know that.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                              Are you talking about the homemade lighted nock thread?
                              Yes, this one.

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...=lighted+nocks

Same way I have made mine for years.

Comment

Nocturnals have worked good for me the last few years. But, all brands have limitations.

Comment

Working...
                                X