The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Elk Thread

I keep mine on a paracord lanyard around my neck, with a small container of wind direction threads.

If I need to take-off up a hill after a bull, or I’m hunkered in a ground blind, I can drop my pack with binoculars and be ready to hunt.

It has 10x magification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bill; 08-06-2019, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Similar to Shane, I use a bino harness with a rangefinder holder. AKG Cub bino harness and FHF rangefinder holder.

Very interested to see your set up JT!

Comment

Fixing to head up the mountain for my first scouting trip of the season. A cool 70 degrees right now. Will try and update with pictures as service allows for everyone sweating it out at home right now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ramrod View Post
          Anyone have luck with the colorado left-over's? I struck out, just too many people trying at one time. I was even logged in early and still got put in line.
          I was able to get a leftover Archery Bear with CAPS. Hopefully, I see them like we did last year.

Comment

Just bought my archery OTC elk and bear rifle (private land) tags for September. It'll be here before we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
              Fixing to head up the mountain for my first scouting trip of the season. A cool 70 degrees right now. Will try and update with pictures as service allows for everyone sweating it out at home right now

Have a safe trip can’t wait to see pics

Comment

Picked up a otc with caps bear muzzy tag to go with my cow elk muzzy tag. Saw a ton of both Last year. Prolly won’t see either and will be covered up with bulls this year haha

Comment

Headed to Idaho next Thursday for a bucket list bow elk hunt with brunner. It’s been tough to stay focused these last few weeks at work for sure. Pretty pumped.

Comment

Put 20miles on the boots since yesterday. Only seen 1 giant Muley buck yesterday and about 12 cows. Finally got on 2 decent 6 points today. Both were still in velvet around 10.2k ft. Did see a few rubs so some bulls are rubbing out already. Talked with some trail cleaners and they said they have heard bugles the last 2 morning

Comment

Looks like a fun trip bo!

Comment

Looked like a good time.

Comment

As a first timer, I’m just curious of what kind of pace you normally have when hunting for Elk? Slow and steady. Then stop, call and glass ?

Comment

Packed a lock-on 6 miles in to a beaver pond we found in the middle of no where. I've never hunted elk from a stand before but, definitely a sweet set up to try

Comment

Boots!

I’m WAY past due on selecting boots and getting them broken in.

What’s everyone wearing?

Comment

Wore lowa renegades gtx for a few years but I'll be taking some schnees beartooth II this year.

If you don't have wide feet the kuiu scarpas are very hard to beat

Comment

Working...
                                X